Jun 22, 2013, 6:17 PM EST
Calgary Flames president Ken King addressed the massive flooding that left the team’s Scotiabank Saddledome in a press conference on Saturday, including a prediction that the team will be prepared for the 2013-14 season.
“We are going to be ready for the start of the season,” King said.
We’ll see if the Saddledome itself is good to go, though.
” … It is a total loss on the event level,” King said. ”It’s very difficult to describe millions, millions of gallons of water sitting (in the Saddledome).”
Update: the team has a gallery of photos, including this disturbing image:
Vice president of building operations Libby Raines seems optimistic about the Saddeldome’s long-term viability.
“We’re fairly confident that we’re structurally intact,” Raines said. “The water is receding now.”
It sounds like the Flames still have a lot to sort out, but at least they’re positive about getting through some challenging times.
The team is also getting behind the community, as you can see from this “#wearecalgary” campaign.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing Tomas Hertl 12
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 52
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)