Jun 22, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
Patrick Kane‘s hot start ended up being just enough for the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, as they edged the Boston Bruins 3-1 to take a 3-2 series lead. The Boston Bruins find themselves down for the second time in this 2013 Stanley Cup Final series.
Let’s discuss the game and the future of the series.
- Let’s assume that Patrice Bergeron and Jonathan Toews are both out for the rest of this round. Which team “benefits” the most from this situation? How would you juggle lines if you were the coaches? Which players shoulder the most pressure on each squad?
- Kane now has four points in his last two games and seven goals in his last seven contests. He finished the 2010 Stanley Cup Final series on fire, too. Could he win the Conn Smythe with a strong finish to this series?
- Speaking of Kane, whose facial hair/general playoff look is more amusing: his or Jaromir Jagr‘s Wolverine/”Hollywood Hulk Hogan” routine?
- Corey Crawford allowed another goal to his glove side, the only puck that beat him on Saturday. So add one more to this cool infographic. But does it matter? Is it an overblown problem or something that could get Boston back into this thing?
- Zdeno Chara has received some criticism and seemed to struggle in the first two periods before playing big in the final frame, including scoring the Bruins’ goal. Can he carry Boston to two straight wins?
- Any officiating beefs? Air your grievances.
- Do you think Chicago will wrap the series up in Boston on Monday? They won their 2010 championship in Philadelphia in Game 6.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 9
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)