Jun 22, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
Patrick Kane‘s hot start ended up being just enough for the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, as they edged the Boston Bruins 3-1 to take a 3-2 series lead. The Boston Bruins find themselves down for the second time in this 2013 Stanley Cup Final series.
Let’s discuss the game and the future of the series.
- Let’s assume that Patrice Bergeron and Jonathan Toews are both out for the rest of this round. Which team “benefits” the most from this situation? How would you juggle lines if you were the coaches? Which players shoulder the most pressure on each squad?
- Kane now has four points in his last two games and seven goals in his last seven contests. He finished the 2010 Stanley Cup Final series on fire, too. Could he win the Conn Smythe with a strong finish to this series?
- Speaking of Kane, whose facial hair/general playoff look is more amusing: his or Jaromir Jagr‘s Wolverine/”Hollywood Hulk Hogan” routine?
- Corey Crawford allowed another goal to his glove side, the only puck that beat him on Saturday. So add one more to this cool infographic. But does it matter? Is it an overblown problem or something that could get Boston back into this thing?
- Zdeno Chara has received some criticism and seemed to struggle in the first two periods before playing big in the final frame, including scoring the Bruins’ goal. Can he carry Boston to two straight wins?
- Any officiating beefs? Air your grievances.
- Do you think Chicago will wrap the series up in Boston on Monday? They won their 2010 championship in Philadelphia in Game 6.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)