Jun 22, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears from Crawford about the questions about his glove hand in this series, especially after some questionable goals allowed in the Blackhawks’ Game 4 victory, and shrugs it off dutifully.
“Last series they were talking about my blocker side,” said Crawford. “Both sides are bad, I guess.”
Crawford is rolling with a .920 save percentage in this series. During the regular season that might not be too bad, but in the playoffs when every save is critical it’s a bit lacking.
Overall in the playoffs, Crawford is stopping pucks at a .931 percentage which is second only to Tuukka Rask‘s .941. Considering both goalies had their issues stopping pucks in Game 4, you wonder what Rask would have to say about his game being questioned. Hint: It would probably be unprintable.
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 2
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 1
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 3
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 2
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5