Jun 22, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears from Crawford about the questions about his glove hand in this series, especially after some questionable goals allowed in the Blackhawks’ Game 4 victory, and shrugs it off dutifully.
“Last series they were talking about my blocker side,” said Crawford. “Both sides are bad, I guess.”
Crawford is rolling with a .920 save percentage in this series. During the regular season that might not be too bad, but in the playoffs when every save is critical it’s a bit lacking.
Overall in the playoffs, Crawford is stopping pucks at a .931 percentage which is second only to Tuukka Rask‘s .941. Considering both goalies had their issues stopping pucks in Game 4, you wonder what Rask would have to say about his game being questioned. Hint: It would probably be unprintable.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)