Jun 22, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov‘s future in Philadelphia is in doubt, that much we know.
Bryzgalov’s agent, Ritch Winter, tells Sportsnet 960 in Calgary (via Frank Servalli of Philly.com – worth a read as he tears the duo apart) that Flyers GM Paul Holmgren will give him a heads up if something is going down.
“Paul has also been candid enough to say, ‘Never say never. I don’t know what I’m going to be offered at some point, so I’m not going to guarantee you anything, except that I will give you plenty of warning if I do so,’ ” Winter told Sportsnet radio.
So what if, as the Flyers decide to keep him around? Winter says his client is up for the challenge.
“At the end of the day, he would rather look face-first into that storm and face the challenge and make the changes necessary for the goaltending to be part of the success Philadelphia has, rather than run away from it. Ilya Bryzgalov is a lot of things, but he’s not afraid of a challenge.”
Safe to say the Philly drama is only just starting to pick up. The next couple weeks should be a real hoot.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)