Jun 22, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
If you were hoping for a detailed update on Patrice Bergeron, sounds like you’ll need to wait until Sunday — at the earliest.
Boston Bruins head coach Claude Julien didn’t provide specifics about the 27-year-old’s status, only saying that it was an injury that didn’t allow him to finish Saturday’s Game 5 loss to Chicago.
Here’s how the postgame conversation went with reporters:
Q. First, if you have any more of an update on Patrice Bergeron? And then to follow that up, maybe if you could describe the concern as a team after finding out that he would not be returning to the game.
COACH JULIEN: Well, no update, and I think there’s no concern until you get an update. As far as we’re concerned, he’s just getting evaluated right now. Not much I can say on his situation.
Q. Can you at least tell us how it happened, the injury?
COACH JULIEN: No, not really. It’s just an injury that wasn’t able to let him finish the game. He may be in next game. I’m not going there.
Q. Was this an injury that was fresh in this game or did…
COACH JULIEN: Guys, I’m not going there, so anything else but injury here. I’ll update you when I have an update. There’s nothing more. We can ask a million questions. I don’t have any more information than probably you guys do right now.
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos passes along word from an anonymous Bruins source that Bergeron might have suffered a spleen injury.
Here’s video of Bergeron showing discomfort:
It’s believed he might have been injured during an exchange with Michal Rozsival in the first period, which might have been captured in this Getty Images photo:
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)