Jun 21, 2013, 1:10 AM EST
There will be no compliance buyouts coming to anyone on the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Jarmo Kekalainen, the Blue Jackets general manager who was hired for the job in February, confirmed that to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
The Blue Jackets are coming off a decent 2012-2013 regular season, in which they fought from the bottom of the Western Conference standings to within one point of earning a post-season berth for the second time in franchise history.
Kekalainen’s main concern, however, is re-signing goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, who took home the Vezina Trophy as the league’s stop puck stopper.
Bobrovsky is being pursued by the KHL, and is a restricted free agent this summer. He is at the end of a three-year, $2.7 million entry level contract with the Blue Jackets.
“We’ll look at all the different options — short-term, long-term, arbitration … who knows?,” said Blue Jackets president of hockey operations John Davidson earlier this month.
“We think we’ll get him signed.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (110)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)