Jun 21, 2013, 1:10 AM EDT
There will be no compliance buyouts coming to anyone on the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Jarmo Kekalainen, the Blue Jackets general manager who was hired for the job in February, confirmed that to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
The Blue Jackets are coming off a decent 2012-2013 regular season, in which they fought from the bottom of the Western Conference standings to within one point of earning a post-season berth for the second time in franchise history.
Kekalainen’s main concern, however, is re-signing goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, who took home the Vezina Trophy as the league’s stop puck stopper.
Bobrovsky is being pursued by the KHL, and is a restricted free agent this summer. He is at the end of a three-year, $2.7 million entry level contract with the Blue Jackets.
“We’ll look at all the different options — short-term, long-term, arbitration … who knows?,” said Blue Jackets president of hockey operations John Davidson earlier this month.
“We think we’ll get him signed.”
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)