Jun 21, 2013, 1:10 AM EST
There will be no compliance buyouts coming to anyone on the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Jarmo Kekalainen, the Blue Jackets general manager who was hired for the job in February, confirmed that to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
The Blue Jackets are coming off a decent 2012-2013 regular season, in which they fought from the bottom of the Western Conference standings to within one point of earning a post-season berth for the second time in franchise history.
Kekalainen’s main concern, however, is re-signing goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, who took home the Vezina Trophy as the league’s stop puck stopper.
Bobrovsky is being pursued by the KHL, and is a restricted free agent this summer. He is at the end of a three-year, $2.7 million entry level contract with the Blue Jackets.
“We’ll look at all the different options — short-term, long-term, arbitration … who knows?,” said Blue Jackets president of hockey operations John Davidson earlier this month.
“We think we’ll get him signed.”
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 0
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 23
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)