Jun 21, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
Marian Hossa didn’t participate in Chicago’s practice on Friday, but will be good to go on Saturday for Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final.
“Hossa is fine,” ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville said when asked about No. 81 missing today’s skate. “We did that [let Hossa skip] in the morning skate the other day.”
The Slovak forward was a late scratch from Game 3 and appeared to be laboring at times during Wednesday’s Game 4 overtime win at TD Garden in Boston.
Despite suffering through what is believed to be an upper-body injury, Hossa managed to play over 19 minutes and chipped in with an assist.
Quenneville said he was impressed with how Hossa was able to contribute, despite being less than 100 percent.
“I liked his contribution last game,” Quenneville said. “Defensively, too, you know Hossa is always going to be in the right spot and not give up anything on that end of it.
“Very happy to use him whatever number you want to say percentage that he’s ready at.”
Oct 24, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
Unfortunately, Tampa Bay might face another injury in J.T. Brown.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
They send their 2014 first-rounder to the OHL.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
San Jose’s enjoyed such center depth before.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
Tough times lately for St. Louis.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Highly-touted rearguard on his way to the bigs.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Hey, maybe the NHL should try 3-on-3 overtime.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Speaking from experience.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
Returns to the Cardiff team he played for during the lockout.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
All the news and notes from the blue paint…
Oct 24, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
“Anytime you go personal with family…to me, that’s very disrespectful to the player and our profession.”
Oct 24, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
“Everybody understands the system, everybody knows what we expect.”
Oct 24, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
“We’ve got to do our research here and come up with the best solution we can.”
Oct 24, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
They’re back at it in Edmonton tonight.
Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’
Oct 24, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Denials from NHL and Coyotes.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
“I’m going to focus on the good and try to clean up the bad parts. That’s my job.”
Oct 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Click to see Boston’s schedule through the end of November.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
Oct 24, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Retroactive to Oct. 21.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
“We’ve given up more odd-man rushes in six hockey games than we did in two months last year.”
Oct 24, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
“Talks are open-ended.”
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 7
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 22
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 16
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)