Jun 21, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
Marian Hossa didn’t participate in Chicago’s practice on Friday, but will be good to go on Saturday for Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final.
“Hossa is fine,” ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville said when asked about No. 81 missing today’s skate. “We did that [let Hossa skip] in the morning skate the other day.”
The Slovak forward was a late scratch from Game 3 and appeared to be laboring at times during Wednesday’s Game 4 overtime win at TD Garden in Boston.
Despite suffering through what is believed to be an upper-body injury, Hossa managed to play over 19 minutes and chipped in with an assist.
Quenneville said he was impressed with how Hossa was able to contribute, despite being less than 100 percent.
“I liked his contribution last game,” Quenneville said. “Defensively, too, you know Hossa is always going to be in the right spot and not give up anything on that end of it.
“Very happy to use him whatever number you want to say percentage that he’s ready at.”
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 0
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 69
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 63
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)