Jun 21, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
Marian Hossa didn’t participate in Chicago’s practice on Friday, but will be good to go on Saturday for Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final.
“Hossa is fine,” ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville said when asked about No. 81 missing today’s skate. “We did that [let Hossa skip] in the morning skate the other day.”
The Slovak forward was a late scratch from Game 3 and appeared to be laboring at times during Wednesday’s Game 4 overtime win at TD Garden in Boston.
Despite suffering through what is believed to be an upper-body injury, Hossa managed to play over 19 minutes and chipped in with an assist.
Quenneville said he was impressed with how Hossa was able to contribute, despite being less than 100 percent.
“I liked his contribution last game,” Quenneville said. “Defensively, too, you know Hossa is always going to be in the right spot and not give up anything on that end of it.
“Very happy to use him whatever number you want to say percentage that he’s ready at.”
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (64)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)