Jun 21, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
Marian Hossa didn’t participate in Chicago’s practice on Friday, but will be good to go on Saturday for Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final.
“Hossa is fine,” ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville said when asked about No. 81 missing today’s skate. “We did that [let Hossa skip] in the morning skate the other day.”
The Slovak forward was a late scratch from Game 3 and appeared to be laboring at times during Wednesday’s Game 4 overtime win at TD Garden in Boston.
Despite suffering through what is believed to be an upper-body injury, Hossa managed to play over 19 minutes and chipped in with an assist.
Quenneville said he was impressed with how Hossa was able to contribute, despite being less than 100 percent.
“I liked his contribution last game,” Quenneville said. “Defensively, too, you know Hossa is always going to be in the right spot and not give up anything on that end of it.
“Very happy to use him whatever number you want to say percentage that he’s ready at.”
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)