Jun 21, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
Marian Hossa didn’t participate in Chicago’s practice on Friday, but will be good to go on Saturday for Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final.
“Hossa is fine,” ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville said when asked about No. 81 missing today’s skate. “We did that [let Hossa skip] in the morning skate the other day.”
The Slovak forward was a late scratch from Game 3 and appeared to be laboring at times during Wednesday’s Game 4 overtime win at TD Garden in Boston.
Despite suffering through what is believed to be an upper-body injury, Hossa managed to play over 19 minutes and chipped in with an assist.
Quenneville said he was impressed with how Hossa was able to contribute, despite being less than 100 percent.
“I liked his contribution last game,” Quenneville said. “Defensively, too, you know Hossa is always going to be in the right spot and not give up anything on that end of it.
“Very happy to use him whatever number you want to say percentage that he’s ready at.”
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 38
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)