Jun 21, 2013, 8:25 PM EST
Honestly, we don’t really need to add anything more to the title of this post but let’s give it a shot.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter had to undergo double hernia surgery recently and did so via a controversial means using a robot as CBS in Los Angles shares.
What’s the controversial part of it? The fact that surgeons are using a robot, called the da Vinci robotic surgical system, to do intricate operations of course. Sutter says he’s thankful for the procedure.
“I’ll be in full activity back on the ice again,” Sutter said.
Go ahead and tell me you’re not picturing Sutter still-woozy from anesthetics thanking his doctor and robot with snappy one-liners.
Sutter could be back at the rink within a week of the operation. Modern medicine is amazing and will be terrifying once Skynet is self-aware.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 17
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)