Jun 21, 2013, 8:25 PM EST
Honestly, we don’t really need to add anything more to the title of this post but let’s give it a shot.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter had to undergo double hernia surgery recently and did so via a controversial means using a robot as CBS in Los Angles shares.
What’s the controversial part of it? The fact that surgeons are using a robot, called the da Vinci robotic surgical system, to do intricate operations of course. Sutter says he’s thankful for the procedure.
“I’ll be in full activity back on the ice again,” Sutter said.
Go ahead and tell me you’re not picturing Sutter still-woozy from anesthetics thanking his doctor and robot with snappy one-liners.
Sutter could be back at the rink within a week of the operation. Modern medicine is amazing and will be terrifying once Skynet is self-aware.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)