Jun 21, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins had a chance to take a commanding three-games-to-one lead on the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final.
Instead, Game 4 on Wednesday night seemed to be in a constant state of change when it came to momentum, with the one constant being that the Bruins were always chasing.
They were behind the Blackhawks all night, having to come back from a pair of two-goal deficits, before losing in overtime on a Brent Seabrook blast from the point.
The next day, there were questions that perhaps the Bruins had not only thrown away a prime chance to put the Blackhawks in a choke hold for the championship, but that their comebacks throughout the night were wasted.
Old news, really.
“At this point, we just look to the next game, and we gave ourself a chance,” said Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid.
“It was good to see that we were able to keep fighting back to give ourselves a chance, but we’re at the point we are now and got to move on from last game. We have been saying, win or lose, you kind of take it in stride and you move on and get ready for the next game.”
That would be on Saturday.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 1
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 2
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 6
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)