Jun 21, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins had a chance to take a commanding three-games-to-one lead on the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final.
Instead, Game 4 on Wednesday night seemed to be in a constant state of change when it came to momentum, with the one constant being that the Bruins were always chasing.
They were behind the Blackhawks all night, having to come back from a pair of two-goal deficits, before losing in overtime on a Brent Seabrook blast from the point.
The next day, there were questions that perhaps the Bruins had not only thrown away a prime chance to put the Blackhawks in a choke hold for the championship, but that their comebacks throughout the night were wasted.
Old news, really.
“At this point, we just look to the next game, and we gave ourself a chance,” said Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid.
“It was good to see that we were able to keep fighting back to give ourselves a chance, but we’re at the point we are now and got to move on from last game. We have been saying, win or lose, you kind of take it in stride and you move on and get ready for the next game.”
That would be on Saturday.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)