Jun 21, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins had a chance to take a commanding three-games-to-one lead on the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final.
Instead, Game 4 on Wednesday night seemed to be in a constant state of change when it came to momentum, with the one constant being that the Bruins were always chasing.
They were behind the Blackhawks all night, having to come back from a pair of two-goal deficits, before losing in overtime on a Brent Seabrook blast from the point.
The next day, there were questions that perhaps the Bruins had not only thrown away a prime chance to put the Blackhawks in a choke hold for the championship, but that their comebacks throughout the night were wasted.
Old news, really.
“At this point, we just look to the next game, and we gave ourself a chance,” said Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid.
“It was good to see that we were able to keep fighting back to give ourselves a chance, but we’re at the point we are now and got to move on from last game. We have been saying, win or lose, you kind of take it in stride and you move on and get ready for the next game.”
That would be on Saturday.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)