Jun 21, 2013, 2:00 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins had a chance to take a commanding three-games-to-one lead on the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final.
Instead, Game 4 on Wednesday night seemed to be in a constant state of change when it came to momentum, with the one constant being that the Bruins were always chasing.
They were behind the Blackhawks all night, having to come back from a pair of two-goal deficits, before losing in overtime on a Brent Seabrook blast from the point.
The next day, there were questions that perhaps the Bruins had not only thrown away a prime chance to put the Blackhawks in a choke hold for the championship, but that their comebacks throughout the night were wasted.
Old news, really.
“At this point, we just look to the next game, and we gave ourself a chance,” said Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid.
“It was good to see that we were able to keep fighting back to give ourselves a chance, but we’re at the point we are now and got to move on from last game. We have been saying, win or lose, you kind of take it in stride and you move on and get ready for the next game.”
That would be on Saturday.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 15
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 26
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 49
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (50)