Jun 20, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
The Bruins and Blackhawks put on a game for the ages on Wednesday at TD Garden in Boston.
Literally, for the ages.
A number of historical marks were either set or matched in Chicago’s 6-5 overtime victory:
– Brent Seabrook became just the fifth defenseman in NHL history to record two OT goals in one year.
– This became the first Stanley Cup Final to feature three overtimes since 1993 (Montreal-L.A.)
– The 75:47 of cumulative overtime is the second-most all time (most is 78:40, in 1931, between Chicago and Montreal.)
– The 11 goals marked the most in a Cup Final game since Chicago beat Philly 7-4 in 2010.
So, what will the two teams do for an encore?
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40