Jun 20, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
The Bruins and Blackhawks put on a game for the ages on Wednesday at TD Garden in Boston.
Literally, for the ages.
A number of historical marks were either set or matched in Chicago’s 6-5 overtime victory:
– Brent Seabrook became just the fifth defenseman in NHL history to record two OT goals in one year.
– This became the first Stanley Cup Final to feature three overtimes since 1993 (Montreal-L.A.)
– The 75:47 of cumulative overtime is the second-most all time (most is 78:40, in 1931, between Chicago and Montreal.)
– The 11 goals marked the most in a Cup Final game since Chicago beat Philly 7-4 in 2010.
So, what will the two teams do for an encore?
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 2
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 19
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 72
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)