Jun 20, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
The Bruins and Blackhawks put on a game for the ages on Wednesday at TD Garden in Boston.
Literally, for the ages.
A number of historical marks were either set or matched in Chicago’s 6-5 overtime victory:
— Brent Seabrook became just the fifth defenseman in NHL history to record two OT goals in one year.
— This became the first Stanley Cup Final to feature three overtimes since 1993 (Montreal-L.A.)
— The 75:47 of cumulative overtime is the second-most all time (most is 78:40, in 1931, between Chicago and Montreal.)
— The 11 goals marked the most in a Cup Final game since Chicago beat Philly 7-4 in 2010.
So, what will the two teams do for an encore?
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 21
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)