Jun 20, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
The Bruins and Blackhawks put on a game for the ages on Wednesday at TD Garden in Boston.
Literally, for the ages.
A number of historical marks were either set or matched in Chicago’s 6-5 overtime victory:
– Brent Seabrook became just the fifth defenseman in NHL history to record two OT goals in one year.
– This became the first Stanley Cup Final to feature three overtimes since 1993 (Montreal-L.A.)
– The 75:47 of cumulative overtime is the second-most all time (most is 78:40, in 1931, between Chicago and Montreal.)
– The 11 goals marked the most in a Cup Final game since Chicago beat Philly 7-4 in 2010.
So, what will the two teams do for an encore?
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)