Jun 20, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
The Bruins and Blackhawks put on a game for the ages on Wednesday at TD Garden in Boston.
Literally, for the ages.
A number of historical marks were either set or matched in Chicago’s 6-5 overtime victory:
— Brent Seabrook became just the fifth defenseman in NHL history to record two OT goals in one year.
— This became the first Stanley Cup Final to feature three overtimes since 1993 (Montreal-L.A.)
— The 75:47 of cumulative overtime is the second-most all time (most is 78:40, in 1931, between Chicago and Montreal.)
— The 11 goals marked the most in a Cup Final game since Chicago beat Philly 7-4 in 2010.
So, what will the two teams do for an encore?
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)