Report: Islanders, Leafs, Flyers, Wild, Panthers interested in Bernier

Jun 20, 2013, 8:04 AM EDT

Jonathan Bernier

Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Bernier is coming off an impressive season where he posted a 1.87 GAA and .922 save percentage in 14 games. The 24-year-old has the potential to become a starting goaltender — just not with the Kings.

The Kings intentions on that front have been clear ever since they signed Jonathan Quick to a 10-year extension that runs through 2022-23. Now Kings GM Dean Lombardi is looking to trade Bernier rather than re-sign him as a restricted free agent.

Several teams have interest in Bernier, including the New York Islanders, Toronto Maple Leafs, Minnesota Wild, Florida Panthers, and Philadelphia Flyers, according to ESPN.com.

Philadelphia is perhaps the most interesting of those teams because of the drama surrounding Ilya Bryzgalov.

Bryzgalov’s agent, Rich Winter, claimed that he was assured by Flyers GM Paul Holmgren that the goaltender wouldn’t be bought out this summer. Holmgren then went on the record to say, “I didn’t assure Rich Winter of anything.”

That being said, Philadelphia is reportedly reluctant to use a compliance buyout on Bryzgalov unless they have a solid Plan B already in place. A trade for Bernier would likely qualify.

Meanwhile, the Wild will only pursue Bernier if they can’t re-sign 35-year-old netminder Niklas Backstrom before he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.

“It’s actually exciting,” Bernier told. “But I really can’t control anything. It’s up to Dean. If there’s the right trade for him, I’m sure he’ll make the right call.

“I spoke with Dean at the end of the season, and he told me he can keep me there but also feels he kind of owed me the chance to be somewhere else [as a starter]. So I guess we’ll know in the next few weeks.”

Related:

Let the Jonathan Bernier trade speculation begin

1. ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Wild?

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

oh mybad, didn’t even see the part on Backs. my eyes only see orange and black early in the AM.

• rsmaggiemae - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Dont know what the Wild are going to do as far as the goalie situation, as negotiations are ongoing with Backstrom and with Harding’s MS he is not a sure thing anymore, and they traded Hackett to the Sabres so they do need help in the goalie position, however they cant buyout Heatly’s salary at 7.5 mil a year due to his injury… we need help not only in goal position, but in PMD who can score and a sniper…
      I just sit here and watch the players sign with other clubs…
      I just hope that Vanek will come to Minnesota as he lives here in the off season

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

you got enough massive signing a couple months ago. no pity from me =P

2. hockey412 - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Man – the buy out would hurt the Flyers, along with Briere’s. Bernier would have to be a little hesitant too. They didn’t give up much for Bryz, but still, it’s an admission that they are rebuilding the position. And in order to rebuild that position they’d have to throw a wrench into another position…Center’s the only one that comes to mind, and with Briere going that’s iffy too.

I can’t see a trade for Bobby Ryan even being feasible. What proven assets will they have left?

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM

what’s wrong with “an admission that they are rebuilding the position.” we all know they made mistakes. they know they made mistakes. you’d rather they just sit on their mistakes than “rebuild the position?” (if you’re a pens fan, I already know the answer to that is “yes”)

• hockey412 - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM

No, I’m not saying to sit on their mistakes. But my point is, if you don’t try to work with Bryz (and now Mason), what are you going to GIVE for Bernier. What do the Flyers have that the Kings need? It could be costly. It’s not as easy as ‘buy-out Bryz, trade for Bernier’…you’re going to need to GIVE something, and that’s not going to be easy. The assets they have are young, and in some ways the forwards just went through a rebuilding when Carter and Richards were traded, etc. To buy out that asset and trade other assets for a new one is going to be tricky.

• hockey412 - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM

And for the record, Bryz is not all that much worse than Bernier.

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM

i agree with all that…. but i believe i’ve seen you (it may not have been you, but i don’t see how two people could make this same argument) say that buying out Bryz is some sort of show of managerial incompetence (we don’t really have to get into whether the flyers office is incompetent or not… that’s a whole ‘nother bag of worms). i just don’t see where a team is measured by whether they’ve admitted past mistakes or not. as a fan, i’d rather the team move forward, even if they have to admit that they maybe shouldn’t have signed bryz on for so long/so many many moneys.

…..knew i could slip a fugees reference into PHT at some point.

• hockey412 - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Nope, I don’t think that was me. Make no mistake, I don’t see why Paul Holmgren is a GM, didn’t see why he was a coach, and don’t even get me started on Ian Laperriere (sp?), but no. I actually don’t think the moves they’ve made have been bad, outside of length of contracts written…but I do think that what they do with these could really hurt them – it’s risky.

• dku5 - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I don’t think the buyout would hurt the Flyers – they seem to have the money to afford it. They are rebuilding the entire team; this was obvious when the sent Carter, Richards, adn JVR away for younger talent. It is not a secret the the goaltending in Philly was not what they wanted or needed, so this is not a surprise to Bernier, either. Bobby Ryan is more of a dream, right now. The Flyers do need to work on the offense, but they are still pretty solid. Maybe the thought plan is to aquire more assets on offense that can be traded for strong defenders.

3. puckdropuk - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Reblogged this on puckdrop uk and commented:
    As a Flyers Fan the debate goes on whether another new goal tender is the right direction to be going in? With the reported addition of Mark Streit at Philly there needs to be some cap relief and we all know Paul Holmgren loves a blockbuster trade.
    Bernier is highly regarded at LA but with PuckDropUK understands Matt Read might be enough to clinch a deal.

• hockey412 - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Matt Read and…………

Matt Read isn’t going to be close to doing it by himself. And do the Kings need a forward? I can’t see them trading Loktionov if they were going to give Bernier up for another forward of the same caliber. If they made it Laughton, then sure, maybe, they can juggle that. But even then it’s not going to be JUST a forward.

• puckdropuk - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I think you are underestimating Matt Read’s ability but I agree there is likely to be an additional item going LA’s way. That is not likely to be Couturier and Laughton is very highly thought of in Philly. However with our depth at center I can see him being moved. Thanks for your comment :)

4. jacketsfan7 - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I’m sorry , Philly would not be a good fit for him , I can just see him in an islanders or panthers jersey

• blackfoot11 - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Are you speaking as a Pens or Jackets fan?

• lordfletcher - Jun 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Panthers need to get to the cap floor.

I think they are going to make a big play for Backstrom, leaving the Wild to trade for a goalie and or place a lot of faith into Harding and Kuemper

5. philly4lyfe - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I really hope we don’t give up matt read in any trades this summer, no matter who its for. he was a beast in college, he led all rookies in goals his first year, was our leading goal scorer early last season until he got hurt, he is solid defensively and plays the PK. I think he is going to turn into a superstar as he gets older.

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM

agreed. i shudder when i hear him come up in talks. i look forward to watching him develop.

• ju8686 - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM

You do know that he’s 27 and pretty much maxed out from a development standpoint, right? Superstars don’t play Juniors until they’re 20, THEN play 4 years of college AND never get drafted.

He’s a 3rd line role player and if you can package a 3rd line role player to get a top line player (Ryan) or potential #1 goalie … YOU DO IT!

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM

while I think “superstar” might have been a bit overzealous for him to use, I don’t think players stop getting better at age 27. maybe they don’t pick up more speed, or more stick-handling, stuff like that… but you can tell the guy is picking up on the game of hockey more. the more he learns, he WILL get better. to say he’s done “developing” is kinda ridiculous to me.

one question, Lidstrom at 27, Lidstrom at 35? (NOT a comparison of Matt Read to Niklas Lidstrom…. just showing 27 isn’t the end of the developmental line)

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM

If you think he’s a 3rd line role player you haven’t watched him enough. He’s a jack of all trades that costs under a million, and that’s extremely valuable. The issue with Read is that if we don’t trade him we’ll probably lose him in Free agency next summer. They won’t be able to afford new deals for Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, AND Read. Especially if they want another defender and/or goaltender. His stock probably won’t be much higher. And the Kings have almost as much trouble with the cap right now. They have limited funds and more roster spots to fill out, so Read would be the perfect asset for them (atleast in the short term). They need a winger, we need a goalie. It works. And his salary makes him very attractive to LA especially when you factor what he brings. I’m a big Read fan but if he can help us get the franchise goalie we’ve been looking for for 20 years then I say pull the trigger. And Laughton can take his spot.

• ju8686 - Jun 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I’m not saying that he won’t gain some hockey IQ or be a useful player somewhere, but he’s going to stay a 15 – 20 goal scorer that mostly doesn’t (or shouldn’t) play in the top 6.

Plus it’s just a matter of time until my fellow Flyers fans start calling him “small” and / or “soft” because he doesn’t try to run guys through the boards.

• tcclark - Jun 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

It’s not about the player, it’s about the money. His contract is up at the end of the year and he’s looking at a raise north of 3 million. With Giroux, Couturier, and Schenn’s contracts all coming up at the same time, and our cap situation the way it is, we just don’t have an extra 3 million to give to Matt Read.

6. ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM

giggidy

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM

oh that was to “i look forward to watching him develop.” just put it in the wrong comment box. either way, it wasn’t funny.

7. girouxed - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Please don’t trade Matt read

8. philly4lyfe - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM

if I remember correctly, because of all of our defensive injuries last year, read was playing the point on the PP down the stretch too.

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM

He does everything. But you have to give something to get something in this league. I’d be lying if I said I’ve seen more than a handful of Berniers starts, however, in those glimpses I’ve been thoroughly impressed. He clearly has the physical ability to be an elite starter, something we’ve been missing forever. I’m all for the trade.

9. slammed81 - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I’m a flyers fan and I gotta say the flyer fans aren’t thinking really u guys gotta remember G, B. Schenn, Couts and READ are in the final yr of the contracts so that’s y ur gonna see the flyers move one of them for someone… All of them are gonna get raises so it’s gonna happen

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM

not slamming your overall point… B. Schenn though? he already makes over 3 mil. obviously the other 3 are due, but the Schenn contract prly won’t be for that much more, if at all, unless he really proves something next year.

10. laxman1944 - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Please DO NOT trade young assets……..just move on Paul.

Lombardi is looking to rob the highest bidder…….don’t fall for it. This club is still at least 2 years away from doing any sort of damage.

Buy out Bryz too

Go with Mason and get a back up somewhere

Rebuild/develop what you have in house.

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM

They’re gonna lose Read in free agency next summer. Move him now for a potential franchise goalie or risk getting nothing for him. And they’re not gonna get someone like Bernier if they wait til the trade deadline next year.

• laxman1944 - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM

If it’s JUST Read and NOT my 11 in the draft……….I’m cool with that.

I’m just SICK of watching former young Flyer talent WIN cups in other cities……

The cycle must stop!!!

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Bernier’s value is not equal to Read and (almost) a top-10 pick. And if Lombardi is asking for that then he’s out of his mind. If it’s Read and a 2nd, I’d listen. Even Read, a 2nd, and mid-level prospect would be acceptable in my mind. But I think Holmgren knows the value of having a high pick in this deep, deep draft.

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM

And Bernier (plus Mason) will become part of the young, developing core.

11. tjvalley - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM

With all do respect to the flyers fans, the islanders are the best fit for a deal, they have an abundance of prospects and could throw back a decent back up goalie in Neilson. What ever LA needs, the islanders have it and we are in the east as well. It’s a good fit. I feel the deal will be niederidrer and a lesser defense prospect for bernier and a late pick.

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM

But the Kings are a win now team… pretty much all their key players are already in their prime. Would they wanna wait for the prospects to develop or add a proven, inexpensive piece like Read (plus maybe picks) to a Cup contending roster? And you can’t discount the relationship Lombardi has with Holmgren and the Flyers.

• laxman1944 - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM

He would be a godd fit on The Isle.

I actually like the fact that they’re relavent again……..They should be pretty dam good this year.

12. sjsharks66 - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

With one of the best defensive teams in front of him. It makes me laugh that the flyers are interested. They did the same with Bryz.

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Bryz was not a 24-yr old former first rounder with elite physical ability and plenty of untapped potential. Just because one experiment failed doesn’t mean they should stop making attempts. They’re two different players w vastly different skill sets.

13. Michael Volkmann - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Reblogged this on Michael Volkmanns Blog.

14. tjvalley - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM

The kings would do well to trade bernier for some top flight prospects. The islanders have that. Philly is tapped out both prospect wise and cap room. If the islanders don’t get bernier, I’d be surprised.

15. burgh916 - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I’m just being completely honest here, I never understood the love affair with this guy.
    He’s been a backup, a lot of goalies can be a good backup with enough time between games.
    All I’m saying is, he’s a young unproven goalie, don’t trade away your future for him, and expect him to magically bring a cup to any of your teams. (Not saying this as a rival fan, trying to be a realist here.)
    Everyone will need to realize it will probably take some time for a transition, don’t feed the kid to the wolves if he doesn’t do great the first few seasons, and the cycle continues.

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM

case in point, Anders Lindback. not saying he’s a total failure already, but he wasn’t the savior TB was looking for this year.

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM

and lol “don’t feed the kid to the wolves if he doesn’t do great the first few seasons” doesn’t fit Philly tradition.

• burgh916 - Jun 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Oh most definitely. Great comparison, one could say Lindback was even more unproven, but the fact remains, they both are going based on age.
        But, like you said that isn’t Phillys style to not feed the goalie to the wolves. I didnt want to call them on it, and start a flame war however lol. But, we’ll call a spade a spade. In a way I envy them. If Pens fans got as up in arms about Fleurys terrible performances the past however many years, he wouldn’t be here right now, so there’s that.
        It’s still a different animal though. Get on Bryzgalovs case, and their past goalies and they’re old enough to move on and work elsewhere. Messing with a young goalie like Bernier, especially unproven and just trying to learn could ruin him for his career. Just don’t expect excellence off the bat.

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM

But not a lot of backups can outplay Jonathon Quick… which Bernier did during the regular season. The kid was drafted in the 1st round to become a starter, and any scout will tell you he has the physical ability to be a good one. And although I like him a lot, trading Matt Read isn’t trading the future. If it’s the 11th pick, that’s another story. But I don’t think that’s the case.

Bernier would be able to grow with the young core Holmgren has assembled. He won’t be expected to come in and immediately win us a Cup; that’s irrational. But if you have a chance to acquire a goalie that could potentially man the crease for the next decade, then this franchise has to do it. No more stop-gaps.

16. mildfan - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Wild, please don’t sign Backstrom do what ever you need to do to get a young goaltender and trade the prospects you have in the minors. Kuempher is not as good as bernier and basically same age. Pull your magic fletcher!

• blackfoot11 - Jun 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I see Ray Emery back-stopping the Wild next year.

17. lbeezyse - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM

As a Wild fan, I am not sure that I would go after him. What do we give up for him? Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Haula, Gustuvson, or any other of our highly touted prospects? I say no! Re-sign Backs, go after Mike Smith, or sign one of the amnesty casualties. We don’t need to mortgage the future (as we did with Pomms) when we have Gustuvson in the pipeline. He is looking more & more like the real deal.

• lostpuppysyndrome - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM

As a Wild fan myself, I think trading Hackett away is gonna bite the Wild in the bum. I’m with you in terms of not using your future as currency for short-term gain a la Pville. That trade has me a bit worried about what other kinds of trades Fletch might have in the pipeline. I usually trust his judgment but yeesh, they gave away WAY too much for Pville.

18. blomfeld - Jun 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM

GOOD-BYE FRIEND …

As sad as it is to see Bernier go, you can’t help but be impressed by the decency and ‘executive’ quality of Dean Lombardi who will now do the ‘right’ thing by affording Bernier the opportunity to fulfill his dreams. This is in stark contrast to the twisted and bizarre behavior of Mike Gillis, who for whatever reason has kept Roberto Luongo trapped here in Vancouver like some caged and tormented animal? I wish Jonathan well wherever he ends up going … and I wish the same for Roberto too, once Gillis’ cowardly shackles have been removed … God willing

** Top NHL Goaltenders as per Bloomberg Sports **

1) Jonathan Quick
    2) Jonathan Bernier
    3) Corey Schneider
    4) Roberto Luongo
    5) Ryan Miller

28) Henrik Lunqvist
    29) Ilya Bryzgalov
    30) Miikka Kiprusoff

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM

2 backups in the top 30 (not to mention top 2), eh? i wonder who the starters outside the bubble are….

your list gets worse and worse as we go.

• ibieiniid - Jun 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM

not to mention top 4*

19. mildfan - Jun 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM

The wild need a goalie and not a band- aid back in the net, hacket was going to be the guy so now we wait for another goalie to develop. Gustafson is still a prospect!

20. nananatman - Jun 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM

How are the Flames not interested?

21. homegrowntalentmn - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Wild no! Don’t trade the farm. Wild do a good job finding goalies. Just keep drafting a goalie or 2 each draft. I’m not saying backs is the answer but we can’t go out and trade are prospects. Unless it’s making another trade with sabers for vanek. This time the wild should get the better deal in the trade. We got trade raped for pomm only cause he had one more year left…..

22. jimw81 - Jun 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM

i say what i said yesterday. Jonathan Bernier will be a flyer.bryz is getting buyout. They are cashing their final chips that includes read, Cooter, Coots aka dough gilmour. read and prospect are going for Jonathan Bernier.. couburn and pick is going for ryan. Coots is the wild card. He’s going to be used in a blockbuster.

i rather have scott laughton over coots any day of the week.

23. aldog83 - Jun 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Please send him to Eastern Conference.

As for the teams mentioned in the article, here is who I think would serve the Kings Best.

Kings Need a Left Wing BAD!!! Penner and King as our TOP 2 left wingers is hurting our scoring.

Here we go…..

Minnesota – Keep him in the East, Sorry…Parise not going any where. Heatley old, baggage, expensive.

Philadelphia – LW Brayden Schenn OR the #11 pick (coincidently Bernier was 11th overall) in this yrs draft (Or even Wayne Simmonds. Guy is a beast would love him back in LA)

New York Islanders – LW Matt Moulson (another former King) 30 goal scorer multiple times, back side he is 30 yrs old. This would be a WIN next year move. for a goal scoring LW also NYI has 15th Pick in this years “DEEP” draft. maybe we could get both?

Toronto – :LW James Van Riemsdyk (another former Flyer to LA)

Florida – LW Jonathan Huberdeau OR 2nd pick overall (LA might have to add something else to pluck 2nd pick maybe Forbort)

My first reaction would be to send him to Montreal the city would go crazy to have a French Canadian star goaltender again. However they are $$Comiited$$ to price at 6-7million a year.

NJ could use someone to take torch from Broduer..But Devils have nothing to offfer.

IF I HAD to trade him to the WEST…..

Colorado – Gabriel Landeskog for Bernier and Forbort 15th overall 6-5 218 defensemen (Foote would love to coach) This would make sense if Sakic is really not drafting Seth Jones.

He would have his French Goalie for Roy, and Young Defensive Defensmen for Foote. And Sakic could draft the forward he wants 1st overall.

Edmonton – Taylor Hall for Bernier and Toffoli.

Oh well.

Who knows but there is some ideas.

Go Kings.

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Wow you are seriously overvaluing Bernier. Some of those players you listed have star ability, while Bernier is an unproven product. Yes he’s talented but he’s not worth the likes of Gabriel Landeskog, etc.

• aldog83 - Jun 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Fair enough.

I am shooting high.

Some of the guys have “star” ability, some are just productive.

I am sure you would rather have Bernier over Giguere or Varlamov.

I’m just making suggestions…..Who would you give up on Colorado.

Bernier is not just some Chump either, he was a high draft choice and has been a winner goaltending for Canadas national teams. Has won a gold medal and helped canada place 1st in other competions.

Steve Young did not do much in the NFL until he got a chance to start.

There are many examples of players who perform once given a chance to start.

Im sure Bernier will not disspoint. Plus as a restricted Free-Agent this year he will be focused and motivated to play to the best of his abliities with whoever he ends up with.

AGAIN Who would you trade on your team if you needed a Goaltender??????????

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I absolutely agree that Bernier will be a successful NHL goalie. And that’s why I’ve been lobbying for the Flyers to trade for him for months. But Lombardi doesn’t have a lot of leverage because A) it was basically announced that he’d be moved, much like Luongo, which hurts his leverage, and, B) if he doesn’t make a trade quickly he will leave Bernier open to an offer sheet that will absolutely come. And then the Kings will only get a 2nd rounder (as long as it’s not more than 3.3/yr). So Lombardi is in a corner and all the GMs know it. Notice it was he who contacted those 10-12 teams about Bernier, not the other way round. The Kings can’t afford to keep him and that’s why they’re not gonna get young, star-level players in return. I’d imagine the Flyers package would be something along the lines of Read, A 2nd, and a midlevel prospect. And most teams will probably be making offers like that. Not Landeskog, Taylor Hall, or Huberdeau… those are building block players. The highest you’re gonna get is a 2nd line winger plus prospects and/or picks. Something like that. I know you’re a Kings fan who wants maximum return but you gotta be a little more realistic.

24. kingsforever - Jun 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

No we don’t want Read.
    No we don’t want NinonidididididididididiIslanderDude
    No one else who is small and isn’t a LWer.

Voracek and your first rounder and call it a day.

• phillyphanatic77 - Jun 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Haha wow, you kings fans must be living in an alternate universe. I wouldn’t even do Voracek for Bernier AND a 1st from LA. He’s very talented but he’s played 63 NHL games, not even the equivalent to a full season. You’re not getting an all-star player in return, plus a top pick. That’s insane.

• aldog83 - Jun 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I know I was shooting to high. I don’t think it would be to crazy to get
        A 1st rounder from 15th down straight up. OR maybe a 2nd line
        LW like was suggested above. One or the other would be better
        Than Bernier riding the pine again.

I Think Quick.proved he was not a fluke this postseason.

Maybe not the star player…….. but maybe not a paltry 2nd rounder

In a league where goal tending is at such a premium. (Bernier was 11th overall in his own right)

Hopefully the Kings can get Something in between A Star player and a 2nd rd pick.

2nd line LW or bottom half 1st rd pick not too much to ask.

Let s just Bring Wayne Simmons back home and give the Flyers the goalie
        To go with their young talent.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches