Jun 20, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
Whether it’s a matter of coincidence or careful film study, the Boston Bruins repeatedly scored glove-side on Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford during a 6-5 overtime loss in Game 4:
Then, following the game, this conversation happened between a media member and ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville:
Reporter: Corey was fighting it a little on the glove side tonight. Are you concerned about that going forward?
Quenneville: No. Corey has been great for us all year, all playoffs. He just moves forward. Commend him. We got the win. You know, he’ll be fine.
Some figure the Blackhawks bench boss dismissed a potential concern, but it’s easy to focus on a bad night (and a shaky 2011-12 season) and lose sight of Crawford’s otherwise fantastic season.
Even with tonight’s struggles, he has a .931 save percentage in 21 postseason games, this after producing a .926 mark in the regular season.
We’ll see if the Bruins exploit what might be a weakness or if this is just a bump in the road.
Either way, Quenneville doesn’t sound concerned.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)