Jun 20, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
Whether it’s a matter of coincidence or careful film study, the Boston Bruins repeatedly scored glove-side on Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford during a 6-5 overtime loss in Game 4:
Then, following the game, this conversation happened between a media member and ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville:
Reporter: Corey was fighting it a little on the glove side tonight. Are you concerned about that going forward?
Quenneville: No. Corey has been great for us all year, all playoffs. He just moves forward. Commend him. We got the win. You know, he’ll be fine.
Some figure the Blackhawks bench boss dismissed a potential concern, but it’s easy to focus on a bad night (and a shaky 2011-12 season) and lose sight of Crawford’s otherwise fantastic season.
Even with tonight’s struggles, he has a .931 save percentage in 21 postseason games, this after producing a .926 mark in the regular season.
We’ll see if the Bruins exploit what might be a weakness or if this is just a bump in the road.
Either way, Quenneville doesn’t sound concerned.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)