Jun 20, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
Whether it’s a matter of coincidence or careful film study, the Boston Bruins repeatedly scored glove-side on Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford during a 6-5 overtime loss in Game 4:
Then, following the game, this conversation happened between a media member and ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville:
Reporter: Corey was fighting it a little on the glove side tonight. Are you concerned about that going forward?
Quenneville: No. Corey has been great for us all year, all playoffs. He just moves forward. Commend him. We got the win. You know, he’ll be fine.
Some figure the Blackhawks bench boss dismissed a potential concern, but it’s easy to focus on a bad night (and a shaky 2011-12 season) and lose sight of Crawford’s otherwise fantastic season.
Even with tonight’s struggles, he has a .931 save percentage in 21 postseason games, this after producing a .926 mark in the regular season.
We’ll see if the Bruins exploit what might be a weakness or if this is just a bump in the road.
Either way, Quenneville doesn’t sound concerned.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)