Jun 20, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks needed more than 60 minutes to settle Game 4 on Wednesday, but Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy watched most of the 6-5 OT thriller from Chicago’s bench.
The 22-year-old logged just 2:37 of ice time in four shifts tonight. Leddy received one shift in the first period, two in the third and one 12-second cup of coffee in overtime. Many wondered if the promising blueliner was injured, but Joel Quenneville told reporters that isn’t the case.
“Nick is fine,” was all Quenneville had to say.
Leddy came into tonight’s game logging about 16 minutes per game in the postseason, down from about 17 and a half in the regular season. His numbers (zero goals, two assists and a -7 rating) indicate that he hasn’t done much with his time.
It’ll be interesting to see if Leddy gets dropped from the lineup for Game 5. His benching put an increased load on Chicago’s five other defensemen — Michal Rozsival, Johnny Oduya, Brent Seabrook, Niklas Hjalmarsson and Duncan Keith all played over 25 minutes each — and the ‘Hawks do have veteran Sheldon Brookbank in reserve.
Brookbank, 32, filled in for Keith during his one-game suspension in the Western Conference finals, but only played 6:50 and finished a minus-2.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)