Jun 20, 2013, 12:37 AM EST
The Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks needed more than 60 minutes to settle Game 4 on Wednesday, but Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy watched most of the 6-5 OT thriller from Chicago’s bench.
The 22-year-old logged just 2:37 of ice time in four shifts tonight. Leddy received one shift in the first period, two in the third and one 12-second cup of coffee in overtime. Many wondered if the promising blueliner was injured, but Joel Quenneville told reporters that isn’t the case.
“Nick is fine,” was all Quenneville had to say.
Leddy came into tonight’s game logging about 16 minutes per game in the postseason, down from about 17 and a half in the regular season. His numbers (zero goals, two assists and a -7 rating) indicate that he hasn’t done much with his time.
It’ll be interesting to see if Leddy gets dropped from the lineup for Game 5. His benching put an increased load on Chicago’s five other defensemen — Michal Rozsival, Johnny Oduya, Brent Seabrook, Niklas Hjalmarsson and Duncan Keith all played over 25 minutes each — and the ‘Hawks do have veteran Sheldon Brookbank in reserve.
Brookbank, 32, filled in for Keith during his one-game suspension in the Western Conference finals, but only played 6:50 and finished a minus-2.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)