Jun 20, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks needed more than 60 minutes to settle Game 4 on Wednesday, but Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy watched most of the 6-5 OT thriller from Chicago’s bench.
The 22-year-old logged just 2:37 of ice time in four shifts tonight. Leddy received one shift in the first period, two in the third and one 12-second cup of coffee in overtime. Many wondered if the promising blueliner was injured, but Joel Quenneville told reporters that isn’t the case.
“Nick is fine,” was all Quenneville had to say.
Leddy came into tonight’s game logging about 16 minutes per game in the postseason, down from about 17 and a half in the regular season. His numbers (zero goals, two assists and a -7 rating) indicate that he hasn’t done much with his time.
It’ll be interesting to see if Leddy gets dropped from the lineup for Game 5. His benching put an increased load on Chicago’s five other defensemen — Michal Rozsival, Johnny Oduya, Brent Seabrook, Niklas Hjalmarsson and Duncan Keith all played over 25 minutes each — and the ‘Hawks do have veteran Sheldon Brookbank in reserve.
Brookbank, 32, filled in for Keith during his one-game suspension in the Western Conference finals, but only played 6:50 and finished a minus-2.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 9
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 26
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)