Jun 20, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
While much of the focus after last night’s 6-5 loss was on Boston’s failures defensively, that’s not the only thing the Bruins need to improve for Saturday’s Game 5 in Chicago, according to head coach Claude Julien.
“Our counterattack wasn’t as good as it could have been or should have been,” said Julien. “When we regain possession of the puck, we want to get that puck moving in the right direction so we can get a good pace to our game.”
And that didn’t happen enough, he said — “A lot of times we just were standing still, weren’t moving.”
But even (or perhaps especially) after a game in which his team didn’t play its best, Julien was trying to stay positive.
“It’s one loss,” he said. “We’ve got two wins, we’ve got two losses. It’s about preparing for the next game, and our mood is fine.
“Who wouldn’t be happy to be in the Stanley Cup finals? You’ve got to remember where we are and what’s at stake here, and certainly not hang your head over a loss.”
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)