Jun 20, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT
While much of the focus after last night’s 6-5 loss was on Boston’s failures defensively, that’s not the only thing the Bruins need to improve for Saturday’s Game 5 in Chicago, according to head coach Claude Julien.
“Our counterattack wasn’t as good as it could have been or should have been,” said Julien. “When we regain possession of the puck, we want to get that puck moving in the right direction so we can get a good pace to our game.”
And that didn’t happen enough, he said — “A lot of times we just were standing still, weren’t moving.”
But even (or perhaps especially) after a game in which his team didn’t play its best, Julien was trying to stay positive.
“It’s one loss,” he said. “We’ve got two wins, we’ve got two losses. It’s about preparing for the next game, and our mood is fine.
“Who wouldn’t be happy to be in the Stanley Cup finals? You’ve got to remember where we are and what’s at stake here, and certainly not hang your head over a loss.”
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)