Jun 20, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Update: Enroth will earn an average of $1.25 million annually, according to ESPN and TSN’s Pierre LeBrun.
The 24-year-old goaltender had a 2.60 GAA and .919 save percentage in 12 games last season and has largely served as Ryan Miller‘s understudy for the last three years.
Enroth also has the potential to develop into a number one goaltender and that transition might happen in the near future. Miller only has a year left on his contract and there’s been some speculation that he might even be traded over the summer.
That being said, Sabres owner Terry Pegula wants to keep Miller, so it sounds like the bigger question is if the 32-year-old netminder is interested in inking an extension.
Either way, Enroth and the Sabres will have a far better idea of what the young goaltender’s future in Buffalo might look like once this contract is over.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)