Jun 20, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Update: Enroth will earn an average of $1.25 million annually, according to ESPN and TSN’s Pierre LeBrun.
The 24-year-old goaltender had a 2.60 GAA and .919 save percentage in 12 games last season and has largely served as Ryan Miller‘s understudy for the last three years.
Enroth also has the potential to develop into a number one goaltender and that transition might happen in the near future. Miller only has a year left on his contract and there’s been some speculation that he might even be traded over the summer.
That being said, Sabres owner Terry Pegula wants to keep Miller, so it sounds like the bigger question is if the 32-year-old netminder is interested in inking an extension.
Either way, Enroth and the Sabres will have a far better idea of what the young goaltender’s future in Buffalo might look like once this contract is over.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)