Jun 20, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Update: Enroth will earn an average of $1.25 million annually, according to ESPN and TSN’s Pierre LeBrun.
The 24-year-old goaltender had a 2.60 GAA and .919 save percentage in 12 games last season and has largely served as Ryan Miller‘s understudy for the last three years.
Enroth also has the potential to develop into a number one goaltender and that transition might happen in the near future. Miller only has a year left on his contract and there’s been some speculation that he might even be traded over the summer.
That being said, Sabres owner Terry Pegula wants to keep Miller, so it sounds like the bigger question is if the 32-year-old netminder is interested in inking an extension.
Either way, Enroth and the Sabres will have a far better idea of what the young goaltender’s future in Buffalo might look like once this contract is over.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47