Jun 20, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
Update: Enroth will earn an average of $1.25 million annually, according to ESPN and TSN’s Pierre LeBrun.
The 24-year-old goaltender had a 2.60 GAA and .919 save percentage in 12 games last season and has largely served as Ryan Miller‘s understudy for the last three years.
Enroth also has the potential to develop into a number one goaltender and that transition might happen in the near future. Miller only has a year left on his contract and there’s been some speculation that he might even be traded over the summer.
That being said, Sabres owner Terry Pegula wants to keep Miller, so it sounds like the bigger question is if the 32-year-old netminder is interested in inking an extension.
Either way, Enroth and the Sabres will have a far better idea of what the young goaltender’s future in Buffalo might look like once this contract is over.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23