Jun 20, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
Update: Enroth will earn an average of $1.25 million annually, according to ESPN and TSN’s Pierre LeBrun.
The 24-year-old goaltender had a 2.60 GAA and .919 save percentage in 12 games last season and has largely served as Ryan Miller‘s understudy for the last three years.
Enroth also has the potential to develop into a number one goaltender and that transition might happen in the near future. Miller only has a year left on his contract and there’s been some speculation that he might even be traded over the summer.
That being said, Sabres owner Terry Pegula wants to keep Miller, so it sounds like the bigger question is if the 32-year-old netminder is interested in inking an extension.
Either way, Enroth and the Sabres will have a far better idea of what the young goaltender’s future in Buffalo might look like once this contract is over.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 9
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15