Jun 20, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have agreed to contract extensions with AHL Texas forwards Travis Morin and Colton Sceviour, the club announced on Thursday.
Morin, 29, has appeared in three NHL contests with the Stars (during the 2010-11 season). He led Texas in assists last season, with 32, and has inked a two-year, two-way deal.
Sceviour, 24, has appeared in two NHL contests — both with Dallas last season — and led Texas in both scoring (52 points) and plus-minus (+21) during the 2013 campaign.
It’s possible Sceviour — who signed a one-year, two-way deal — could make the Dallas roster next season, as the club only has 10 forwards currently under contract.
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 2
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)