Jun 20, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have agreed to contract extensions with AHL Texas forwards Travis Morin and Colton Sceviour, the club announced on Thursday.
Morin, 29, has appeared in three NHL contests with the Stars (during the 2010-11 season). He led Texas in assists last season, with 32, and has inked a two-year, two-way deal.
Sceviour, 24, has appeared in two NHL contests — both with Dallas last season — and led Texas in both scoring (52 points) and plus-minus (+21) during the 2013 campaign.
It’s possible Sceviour — who signed a one-year, two-way deal — could make the Dallas roster next season, as the club only has 10 forwards currently under contract.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17