Jun 20, 2013, 9:14 PM EDT
A Chicago Blackhawks fan believes so much that his team will win the 2013 Stanley Cup, he was willing to get that branded on his arm – with a minimum of two games remaining in the final series.
According to a report in The Daily Journal, Russell Pedersen has gotten a premature 2013 Stanley Cup title tattoo on his right arm, which was already inked up with a tattoo of the silver chalice and the dates of every Blackhawks championship.
“I played hockey into my 30s and I’ve been a Blackhawks fan all my life. So, when the Hawks won in 2010, I got this tattoo of the Stanley Cup,” Pedersen told The Daily Journal.
“And there is room there to add the year 2013, so I’m doing it. I’m having it put on today to show my faith in the team.”
The Blackhawks, Presidents’ Trophy winners during the regular season, just evened the best-of-seven championship series at two-games apiece with a thrilling 6-5 overtime victory on Wednesday.
The story of this new tattoo also comes with news that a Blackhawks fan suffered a heart attack, while watching his favorite NHL team in its toughest challenge of the season.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 1
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 94
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 11
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (91)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)