Jun 20, 2013, 9:14 PM EST
A Chicago Blackhawks fan believes so much that his team will win the 2013 Stanley Cup, he was willing to get that branded on his arm – with a minimum of two games remaining in the final series.
According to a report in The Daily Journal, Russell Pedersen has gotten a premature 2013 Stanley Cup title tattoo on his right arm, which was already inked up with a tattoo of the silver chalice and the dates of every Blackhawks championship.
“I played hockey into my 30s and I’ve been a Blackhawks fan all my life. So, when the Hawks won in 2010, I got this tattoo of the Stanley Cup,” Pedersen told The Daily Journal.
“And there is room there to add the year 2013, so I’m doing it. I’m having it put on today to show my faith in the team.”
The Blackhawks, Presidents’ Trophy winners during the regular season, just evened the best-of-seven championship series at two-games apiece with a thrilling 6-5 overtime victory on Wednesday.
The story of this new tattoo also comes with news that a Blackhawks fan suffered a heart attack, while watching his favorite NHL team in its toughest challenge of the season.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 0
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21