Jun 20, 2013, 9:14 PM EDT
A Chicago Blackhawks fan believes so much that his team will win the 2013 Stanley Cup, he was willing to get that branded on his arm – with a minimum of two games remaining in the final series.
According to a report in The Daily Journal, Russell Pedersen has gotten a premature 2013 Stanley Cup title tattoo on his right arm, which was already inked up with a tattoo of the silver chalice and the dates of every Blackhawks championship.
“I played hockey into my 30s and I’ve been a Blackhawks fan all my life. So, when the Hawks won in 2010, I got this tattoo of the Stanley Cup,” Pedersen told The Daily Journal.
“And there is room there to add the year 2013, so I’m doing it. I’m having it put on today to show my faith in the team.”
The Blackhawks, Presidents’ Trophy winners during the regular season, just evened the best-of-seven championship series at two-games apiece with a thrilling 6-5 overtime victory on Wednesday.
The story of this new tattoo also comes with news that a Blackhawks fan suffered a heart attack, while watching his favorite NHL team in its toughest challenge of the season.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31