Jun 20, 2013, 9:14 PM EDT
A Chicago Blackhawks fan believes so much that his team will win the 2013 Stanley Cup, he was willing to get that branded on his arm – with a minimum of two games remaining in the final series.
According to a report in The Daily Journal, Russell Pedersen has gotten a premature 2013 Stanley Cup title tattoo on his right arm, which was already inked up with a tattoo of the silver chalice and the dates of every Blackhawks championship.
“I played hockey into my 30s and I’ve been a Blackhawks fan all my life. So, when the Hawks won in 2010, I got this tattoo of the Stanley Cup,” Pedersen told The Daily Journal.
“And there is room there to add the year 2013, so I’m doing it. I’m having it put on today to show my faith in the team.”
The Blackhawks, Presidents’ Trophy winners during the regular season, just evened the best-of-seven championship series at two-games apiece with a thrilling 6-5 overtime victory on Wednesday.
The story of this new tattoo also comes with news that a Blackhawks fan suffered a heart attack, while watching his favorite NHL team in its toughest challenge of the season.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54