Jun 20, 2013, 9:14 PM EDT
A Chicago Blackhawks fan believes so much that his team will win the 2013 Stanley Cup, he was willing to get that branded on his arm – with a minimum of two games remaining in the final series.
According to a report in The Daily Journal, Russell Pedersen has gotten a premature 2013 Stanley Cup title tattoo on his right arm, which was already inked up with a tattoo of the silver chalice and the dates of every Blackhawks championship.
“I played hockey into my 30s and I’ve been a Blackhawks fan all my life. So, when the Hawks won in 2010, I got this tattoo of the Stanley Cup,” Pedersen told The Daily Journal.
“And there is room there to add the year 2013, so I’m doing it. I’m having it put on today to show my faith in the team.”
The Blackhawks, Presidents’ Trophy winners during the regular season, just evened the best-of-seven championship series at two-games apiece with a thrilling 6-5 overtime victory on Wednesday.
The story of this new tattoo also comes with news that a Blackhawks fan suffered a heart attack, while watching his favorite NHL team in its toughest challenge of the season.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 43
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 10
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22