Jun 19, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final was one of the most memorable hockey games in recent history. The stakes were high, there were wild swings in momentum, and it was one of the longest contests in the history of the finals.
Afterwards, several of the Blackhawks fans in attendance recounted their memories of Chicago’s 4-3 triple-overtime win, which you can watch below:
Since that contest, the Boston Bruins have won back-to-back games. Although the Blackhawks certainly won’t be cheered by the TD Garden tonight, they still need to find a way to get their offense going.
Otherwise, they’ll have to deal with another kind of 3-1 deficit.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)