Jun 19, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final was one of the most memorable hockey games in recent history. The stakes were high, there were wild swings in momentum, and it was one of the longest contests in the history of the finals.
Afterwards, several of the Blackhawks fans in attendance recounted their memories of Chicago’s 4-3 triple-overtime win, which you can watch below:
Since that contest, the Boston Bruins have won back-to-back games. Although the Blackhawks certainly won’t be cheered by the TD Garden tonight, they still need to find a way to get their offense going.
Otherwise, they’ll have to deal with another kind of 3-1 deficit.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 34
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)