Jun 19, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
If you’re the type who grimaces at a “low-chance game,” then Wednesday’s Game 4 matchup has been a breathe of fresh air. Actually, the second period was more like a wild circus of scoring. The two squads combined for five goals in about 11 minutes of game time.
Update: here are all five of the goals in a single video:
Maybe it’s all about one star finally breaking out, as Jonathan Toews broke a 10-game scoring slump to make it 2-1 (6:33 into the second):
It appears that Joel Quenneville was wise in putting the Chicago Blackhawks’ top two players back together, as Patrick Kane made it 3-1 with this rebound shot about two minutes later (8:41 in):
For a while there, this game seemed like it was falling apart for Boston, but the Bruins showed they can hang. Milan Lucic made it 3-2 by capitalizing on a loose puck (14:43 in):
The Bruins refused to get deflated – or maybe they didn’t have time to sulk – as Patrice Bergeron took advantage of a weird bounce or two to make it 4-3 with this power-play tally (17:22 in):
Those goals don’t represent every chance by any means, either. Patrick Sharp was unable to bury a couple high-end chances and the second period ended with such a frenzy that the goal horn operator prematurely announced a phantom score.
It’s hard to predict who will win this game (which Chicago leads 4-3), but here’s a safe one: both head coaches are probably livid right now. Tune in for the rest of the contest on NBC.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)