Jun 19, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
If you’re the type who grimaces at a “low-chance game,” then Wednesday’s Game 4 matchup has been a breathe of fresh air. Actually, the second period was more like a wild circus of scoring. The two squads combined for five goals in about 11 minutes of game time.
Update: here are all five of the goals in a single video:
Maybe it’s all about one star finally breaking out, as Jonathan Toews broke a 10-game scoring slump to make it 2-1 (6:33 into the second):
It appears that Joel Quenneville was wise in putting the Chicago Blackhawks’ top two players back together, as Patrick Kane made it 3-1 with this rebound shot about two minutes later (8:41 in):
For a while there, this game seemed like it was falling apart for Boston, but the Bruins showed they can hang. Milan Lucic made it 3-2 by capitalizing on a loose puck (14:43 in):
The Bruins refused to get deflated – or maybe they didn’t have time to sulk – as Patrice Bergeron took advantage of a weird bounce or two to make it 4-3 with this power-play tally (17:22 in):
Those goals don’t represent every chance by any means, either. Patrick Sharp was unable to bury a couple high-end chances and the second period ended with such a frenzy that the goal horn operator prematurely announced a phantom score.
It’s hard to predict who will win this game (which Chicago leads 4-3), but here’s a safe one: both head coaches are probably livid right now. Tune in for the rest of the contest on NBC.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 12
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 10
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)