Jun 19, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
New York Islanders forward David Ullstrom has spent the last few years trying to establish himself as a regular in the NHL, but that is at very least on hold.
The 24-year-old has agreed to terms with the KHL’s Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, according to the team’s Twitter.
“So excited for this new adventure with Lokomotiv,” Ullstrom tweeted. “Can this season start already!”
Ullstrom first broke into the NHL during the 2011-12 campaign and went on to record four goals and eight points in 29 contests.
He followed it up with two goals and five points in 20 games with the New York Islanders in 2013. He also had an assist in three playoff contests.
The Swedish forward was scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer after completing his entry-level deal.
Meanwhile, Mattias Tedenby has inked a one-year, $600,000 extension with the New Jersey Devils, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. His deal is one-way, so he will likely start the 2013-14 campaign with New Jersey.
Tedenby, 23, was slashed in the face by a skate while in the AHL in February and needed plastic surgery. Before that, he had an assist in four NHL contests in 2013.
He has nine points and 29 points in 105 career NHL contests. Like Ullstrom, he was scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)