Jun 19, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
New York Islanders forward David Ullstrom has spent the last few years trying to establish himself as a regular in the NHL, but that is at very least on hold.
The 24-year-old has agreed to terms with the KHL’s Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, according to the team’s Twitter.
“So excited for this new adventure with Lokomotiv,” Ullstrom tweeted. “Can this season start already!”
Ullstrom first broke into the NHL during the 2011-12 campaign and went on to record four goals and eight points in 29 contests.
He followed it up with two goals and five points in 20 games with the New York Islanders in 2013. He also had an assist in three playoff contests.
The Swedish forward was scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer after completing his entry-level deal.
Meanwhile, Mattias Tedenby has inked a one-year, $600,000 extension with the New Jersey Devils, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. His deal is one-way, so he will likely start the 2013-14 campaign with New Jersey.
Tedenby, 23, was slashed in the face by a skate while in the AHL in February and needed plastic surgery. Before that, he had an assist in four NHL contests in 2013.
He has nine points and 29 points in 105 career NHL contests. Like Ullstrom, he was scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)