Jun 19, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
New York Islanders forward David Ullstrom has spent the last few years trying to establish himself as a regular in the NHL, but that is at very least on hold.
The 24-year-old has agreed to terms with the KHL’s Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, according to the team’s Twitter.
“So excited for this new adventure with Lokomotiv,” Ullstrom tweeted. “Can this season start already!”
Ullstrom first broke into the NHL during the 2011-12 campaign and went on to record four goals and eight points in 29 contests.
He followed it up with two goals and five points in 20 games with the New York Islanders in 2013. He also had an assist in three playoff contests.
The Swedish forward was scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer after completing his entry-level deal.
Meanwhile, Mattias Tedenby has inked a one-year, $600,000 extension with the New Jersey Devils, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. His deal is one-way, so he will likely start the 2013-14 campaign with New Jersey.
Tedenby, 23, was slashed in the face by a skate while in the AHL in February and needed plastic surgery. Before that, he had an assist in four NHL contests in 2013.
He has nine points and 29 points in 105 career NHL contests. Like Ullstrom, he was scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)