Jun 19, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
New York Islanders forward David Ullstrom has spent the last few years trying to establish himself as a regular in the NHL, but that is at very least on hold.
The 24-year-old has agreed to terms with the KHL’s Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, according to the team’s Twitter.
“So excited for this new adventure with Lokomotiv,” Ullstrom tweeted. “Can this season start already!”
Ullstrom first broke into the NHL during the 2011-12 campaign and went on to record four goals and eight points in 29 contests.
He followed it up with two goals and five points in 20 games with the New York Islanders in 2013. He also had an assist in three playoff contests.
The Swedish forward was scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer after completing his entry-level deal.
Meanwhile, Mattias Tedenby has inked a one-year, $600,000 extension with the New Jersey Devils, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. His deal is one-way, so he will likely start the 2013-14 campaign with New Jersey.
Tedenby, 23, was slashed in the face by a skate while in the AHL in February and needed plastic surgery. Before that, he had an assist in four NHL contests in 2013.
He has nine points and 29 points in 105 career NHL contests. Like Ullstrom, he was scheduled to become a restricted free agent this summer.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)