Jun 19, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
Dave Tippett has agreed to the “dollars and cents” on a contract with the Phoenix Coyotes, he just needs clarity on the future of the franchise before signing a deal, Sportnet’s Chris Johnston reports.
Coyotes GM Don Maloney recently signed a contract extension with the team, but he understands Tippett’s concerns (and the fact that he could draw some serious suitors).
“Where he’s going to be coaching next year, that’s important to him — and I get it,” Maloney said. “He’s a very wanted commodity.”
Despite word that that Renaissance Sports Entertainment and the City of Glendale came to an arena lease agreement in principle last week,* the wheels continue to spin on the ownership situation, with the latest rumored possible relocation target being Seattle.
It’s unclear how it will all sort out, but this ownership mess, Tippett’s unsettled status and Mike Smith‘s looming free agency make for a huge summer for the Coyotes.
* – There’s a reason people practically strained muscles in noting that nothing was set in stone.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21