Jun 19, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
Dave Tippett has agreed to the “dollars and cents” on a contract with the Phoenix Coyotes, he just needs clarity on the future of the franchise before signing a deal, Sportnet’s Chris Johnston reports.
Coyotes GM Don Maloney recently signed a contract extension with the team, but he understands Tippett’s concerns (and the fact that he could draw some serious suitors).
“Where he’s going to be coaching next year, that’s important to him — and I get it,” Maloney said. “He’s a very wanted commodity.”
Despite word that that Renaissance Sports Entertainment and the City of Glendale came to an arena lease agreement in principle last week,* the wheels continue to spin on the ownership situation, with the latest rumored possible relocation target being Seattle.
It’s unclear how it will all sort out, but this ownership mess, Tippett’s unsettled status and Mike Smith‘s looming free agency make for a huge summer for the Coyotes.
* – There’s a reason people practically strained muscles in noting that nothing was set in stone.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 28
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)