Jun 19, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
In April, Nashville head coach Barry Trotz said his club was “going to have a very busy summer.”
He wasn’t kidding.
On Tuesday, Nashville locked up yet another player, signing defenseman Victor Bartley to a three-year, $2 million deal.
The 25-year-old rearguard was a pleasant surprise for Nashville last season, making his NHL debut before appearing in 24 games, scoring seven points all told while averaging 19:32 TOI.
Bartley will be paid $600,000 in both 2013-14 and 2014-15, and $800,000 in 2015-16.
But back to Preds GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man since his team was eliminated from playoff contention in April.
Here’s what he’s done since:
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)