Jun 19, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
In April, Nashville head coach Barry Trotz said his club was “going to have a very busy summer.”
He wasn’t kidding.
On Tuesday, Nashville locked up yet another player, signing defenseman Victor Bartley to a three-year, $2 million deal.
The 25-year-old rearguard was a pleasant surprise for Nashville last season, making his NHL debut before appearing in 24 games, scoring seven points all told while averaging 19:32 TOI.
Bartley will be paid $600,000 in both 2013-14 and 2014-15, and $800,000 in 2015-16.
But back to Preds GM David Poile, who’s been a busy man since his team was eliminated from playoff contention in April.
Here’s what he’s done since:
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7