Jun 19, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
It hasn’t been an easy postseason for Tyler Seguin. Despite registering a team-high 67 shots in 19 games, Boston’s 21-year-old forward only has one goal. That’s a shooting percentage of 1.5 percent, which would be frustrating for anyone, let alone a young player of which much is expected.
In the Stanley Cup Final, however, Seguin has made a major impact offensively, even if he hasn’t put any pucks in the net himself.
Most notably, there was the pass he gave linemate Dan Paille in Game 2 that led to the overtime winner.
Seguin also added an assist on Paille’s winning goal in Game 3.
All of which had Bruins head coach Claude Julien singing the youngster’s praises Wednesday prior to Game 4 at TD Garden.
“He’s played well,” said Julien. “Maybe he hasn’t got that goal or those goals, but he’s got some assists, made some great plays on other ones that they haven’t scored.
“He’s forechecked, done well in the battles as far as trying to come up with the puck, all the things we ask him to do.
“We’re not expecting him to be a real physical player because we don’t try to make a player what he’s not. But it’s about winning battles. Battles means coming out with the puck. Whichever way you have to do it, you go out and do it.”
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 9
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)