Jun 19, 2013, 1:35 PM EST
It hasn’t been an easy postseason for Tyler Seguin. Despite registering a team-high 67 shots in 19 games, Boston’s 21-year-old forward only has one goal. That’s a shooting percentage of 1.5 percent, which would be frustrating for anyone, let alone a young player of which much is expected.
In the Stanley Cup Final, however, Seguin has made a major impact offensively, even if he hasn’t put any pucks in the net himself.
Most notably, there was the pass he gave linemate Dan Paille in Game 2 that led to the overtime winner.
Seguin also added an assist on Paille’s winning goal in Game 3.
All of which had Bruins head coach Claude Julien singing the youngster’s praises Wednesday prior to Game 4 at TD Garden.
“He’s played well,” said Julien. “Maybe he hasn’t got that goal or those goals, but he’s got some assists, made some great plays on other ones that they haven’t scored.
“He’s forechecked, done well in the battles as far as trying to come up with the puck, all the things we ask him to do.
“We’re not expecting him to be a real physical player because we don’t try to make a player what he’s not. But it’s about winning battles. Battles means coming out with the puck. Whichever way you have to do it, you go out and do it.”
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 0
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 12
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)