Jun 19, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
It hasn’t been an easy postseason for Tyler Seguin. Despite registering a team-high 67 shots in 19 games, Boston’s 21-year-old forward only has one goal. That’s a shooting percentage of 1.5 percent, which would be frustrating for anyone, let alone a young player of which much is expected.
In the Stanley Cup Final, however, Seguin has made a major impact offensively, even if he hasn’t put any pucks in the net himself.
Most notably, there was the pass he gave linemate Dan Paille in Game 2 that led to the overtime winner.
Seguin also added an assist on Paille’s winning goal in Game 3.
All of which had Bruins head coach Claude Julien singing the youngster’s praises Wednesday prior to Game 4 at TD Garden.
“He’s played well,” said Julien. “Maybe he hasn’t got that goal or those goals, but he’s got some assists, made some great plays on other ones that they haven’t scored.
“He’s forechecked, done well in the battles as far as trying to come up with the puck, all the things we ask him to do.
“We’re not expecting him to be a real physical player because we don’t try to make a player what he’s not. But it’s about winning battles. Battles means coming out with the puck. Whichever way you have to do it, you go out and do it.”
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 53
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 41
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 46
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)