Jun 19, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
It hasn’t been an easy postseason for Tyler Seguin. Despite registering a team-high 67 shots in 19 games, Boston’s 21-year-old forward only has one goal. That’s a shooting percentage of 1.5 percent, which would be frustrating for anyone, let alone a young player of which much is expected.
In the Stanley Cup Final, however, Seguin has made a major impact offensively, even if he hasn’t put any pucks in the net himself.
Most notably, there was the pass he gave linemate Dan Paille in Game 2 that led to the overtime winner.
Seguin also added an assist on Paille’s winning goal in Game 3.
All of which had Bruins head coach Claude Julien singing the youngster’s praises Wednesday prior to Game 4 at TD Garden.
“He’s played well,” said Julien. “Maybe he hasn’t got that goal or those goals, but he’s got some assists, made some great plays on other ones that they haven’t scored.
“He’s forechecked, done well in the battles as far as trying to come up with the puck, all the things we ask him to do.
“We’re not expecting him to be a real physical player because we don’t try to make a player what he’s not. But it’s about winning battles. Battles means coming out with the puck. Whichever way you have to do it, you go out and do it.”
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 0
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)