Jun 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Chicago’s big guns will be together when the ‘Hawks take on the Bruins tonight in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Head coach Joel Quenneville skated captain Jonathan Toews on a line with Patrick Kane and Bryan Bickell on Wednesday, reuniting the trio that had been split up after playing well together in Games 4 and 5 of the Los Angeles series, when the three combined for 10 points.
“One line can get going,” Quenneville said after the morning skate. “We don’t really care who scores goals. If they can get hot, get on the board offensively, that’s what we look for.
“They exited the last series on a high note. Getting back together here, hopefully they can continue on.”
It’ll be interesting to see if the switch can kickstart Bickell — scoreless in his last four after scoring eight times in his first 16 games — and Toews, who has just one goal through 20 playoff games.
The captain remembers the success the trio had against the Kings, and hopes to replicate it tonight.
“We’ve had some success against L.A.,” Toews told the Chicago Sun-Times. “Whatever the combinations are, we always say we’ve got to find a way to score, find a way to play smart defensively. But tonight I think we have confidence together as a line with Bicks and Kaner that we can make things happen.
“We were close last game to scoring. We didn’t get on the scoresheet. Obviously that’s not good enough. That will be one of our main goals tonight.”
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)