Jun 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Chicago’s big guns will be together when the ‘Hawks take on the Bruins tonight in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Head coach Joel Quenneville skated captain Jonathan Toews on a line with Patrick Kane and Bryan Bickell on Wednesday, reuniting the trio that had been split up after playing well together in Games 4 and 5 of the Los Angeles series, when the three combined for 10 points.
“One line can get going,” Quenneville said after the morning skate. “We don’t really care who scores goals. If they can get hot, get on the board offensively, that’s what we look for.
“They exited the last series on a high note. Getting back together here, hopefully they can continue on.”
It’ll be interesting to see if the switch can kickstart Bickell — scoreless in his last four after scoring eight times in his first 16 games — and Toews, who has just one goal through 20 playoff games.
The captain remembers the success the trio had against the Kings, and hopes to replicate it tonight.
“We’ve had some success against L.A.,” Toews told the Chicago Sun-Times. “Whatever the combinations are, we always say we’ve got to find a way to score, find a way to play smart defensively. But tonight I think we have confidence together as a line with Bicks and Kaner that we can make things happen.
“We were close last game to scoring. We didn’t get on the scoresheet. Obviously that’s not good enough. That will be one of our main goals tonight.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8