Jun 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Chicago’s big guns will be together when the ‘Hawks take on the Bruins tonight in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Head coach Joel Quenneville skated captain Jonathan Toews on a line with Patrick Kane and Bryan Bickell on Wednesday, reuniting the trio that had been split up after playing well together in Games 4 and 5 of the Los Angeles series, when the three combined for 10 points.
“One line can get going,” Quenneville said after the morning skate. “We don’t really care who scores goals. If they can get hot, get on the board offensively, that’s what we look for.
“They exited the last series on a high note. Getting back together here, hopefully they can continue on.”
It’ll be interesting to see if the switch can kickstart Bickell — scoreless in his last four after scoring eight times in his first 16 games — and Toews, who has just one goal through 20 playoff games.
The captain remembers the success the trio had against the Kings, and hopes to replicate it tonight.
“We’ve had some success against L.A.,” Toews told the Chicago Sun-Times. “Whatever the combinations are, we always say we’ve got to find a way to score, find a way to play smart defensively. But tonight I think we have confidence together as a line with Bicks and Kaner that we can make things happen.
“We were close last game to scoring. We didn’t get on the scoresheet. Obviously that’s not good enough. That will be one of our main goals tonight.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)