Jun 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Chicago’s big guns will be together when the ‘Hawks take on the Bruins tonight in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Head coach Joel Quenneville skated captain Jonathan Toews on a line with Patrick Kane and Bryan Bickell on Wednesday, reuniting the trio that had been split up after playing well together in Games 4 and 5 of the Los Angeles series, when the three combined for 10 points.
“One line can get going,” Quenneville said after the morning skate. “We don’t really care who scores goals. If they can get hot, get on the board offensively, that’s what we look for.
“They exited the last series on a high note. Getting back together here, hopefully they can continue on.”
It’ll be interesting to see if the switch can kickstart Bickell — scoreless in his last four after scoring eight times in his first 16 games — and Toews, who has just one goal through 20 playoff games.
The captain remembers the success the trio had against the Kings, and hopes to replicate it tonight.
“We’ve had some success against L.A.,” Toews told the Chicago Sun-Times. “Whatever the combinations are, we always say we’ve got to find a way to score, find a way to play smart defensively. But tonight I think we have confidence together as a line with Bicks and Kaner that we can make things happen.
“We were close last game to scoring. We didn’t get on the scoresheet. Obviously that’s not good enough. That will be one of our main goals tonight.”
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)