Jun 19, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
So you might have heard that Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final was the most-watched NHL game in NBCSN’s history.
Well, that record didn’t last long.
Game 3 drew 4.001 million viewers, making it the first NBCSN NHL game to surpass the 4 million mark. Here’s more from NBC Sports PR:
With 4.001 million viewers, Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 is the most-watched Stanley Cup Final game on cable since 2002 (Carolina-Detroit, 6/4, ESPN, 4.015 million). It was up 93% compared to Game 4 last year (the second on NBC Sports Network), which averaged 2.069 million viewers for New Jersey-Los Angeles.
Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 peaked with 4.887 million viewers from 9:30-9:45 p.m. ET, and delivered NBCSN its best viewership ever among Adults 18-49 (2.047 million) and Adults 25-54 (2.136 million).
Three of the five most-watched NHL games in NBCSN history have occurred this season: last night’s Stanley Cup Final Game 3 (4.001 million viewers); Saturday night’s Game 2 (3.964 million); and Game 7 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals between Chicago and Detroit (3.354 million).
Game 4 will be on NBC at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)