Jun 19, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
So you might have heard that Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final was the most-watched NHL game in NBCSN’s history.
Well, that record didn’t last long.
Game 3 drew 4.001 million viewers, making it the first NBCSN NHL game to surpass the 4 million mark. Here’s more from NBC Sports PR:
With 4.001 million viewers, Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 is the most-watched Stanley Cup Final game on cable since 2002 (Carolina-Detroit, 6/4, ESPN, 4.015 million). It was up 93% compared to Game 4 last year (the second on NBC Sports Network), which averaged 2.069 million viewers for New Jersey-Los Angeles.
Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 peaked with 4.887 million viewers from 9:30-9:45 p.m. ET, and delivered NBCSN its best viewership ever among Adults 18-49 (2.047 million) and Adults 25-54 (2.136 million).
Three of the five most-watched NHL games in NBCSN history have occurred this season: last night’s Stanley Cup Final Game 3 (4.001 million viewers); Saturday night’s Game 2 (3.964 million); and Game 7 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals between Chicago and Detroit (3.354 million).
Game 4 will be on NBC at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)