Jun 19, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
So you might have heard that Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final was the most-watched NHL game in NBCSN’s history.
Well, that record didn’t last long.
Game 3 drew 4.001 million viewers, making it the first NBCSN NHL game to surpass the 4 million mark. Here’s more from NBC Sports PR:
With 4.001 million viewers, Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 is the most-watched Stanley Cup Final game on cable since 2002 (Carolina-Detroit, 6/4, ESPN, 4.015 million). It was up 93% compared to Game 4 last year (the second on NBC Sports Network), which averaged 2.069 million viewers for New Jersey-Los Angeles.
Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 peaked with 4.887 million viewers from 9:30-9:45 p.m. ET, and delivered NBCSN its best viewership ever among Adults 18-49 (2.047 million) and Adults 25-54 (2.136 million).
Three of the five most-watched NHL games in NBCSN history have occurred this season: last night’s Stanley Cup Final Game 3 (4.001 million viewers); Saturday night’s Game 2 (3.964 million); and Game 7 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals between Chicago and Detroit (3.354 million).
Game 4 will be on NBC at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 25
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)