Jun 19, 2013, 12:05 AM EST
So you might have heard that Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final was the most-watched NHL game in NBCSN’s history.
Well, that record didn’t last long.
Game 3 drew 4.001 million viewers, making it the first NBCSN NHL game to surpass the 4 million mark. Here’s more from NBC Sports PR:
With 4.001 million viewers, Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 is the most-watched Stanley Cup Final game on cable since 2002 (Carolina-Detroit, 6/4, ESPN, 4.015 million). It was up 93% compared to Game 4 last year (the second on NBC Sports Network), which averaged 2.069 million viewers for New Jersey-Los Angeles.
Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 peaked with 4.887 million viewers from 9:30-9:45 p.m. ET, and delivered NBCSN its best viewership ever among Adults 18-49 (2.047 million) and Adults 25-54 (2.136 million).
Three of the five most-watched NHL games in NBCSN history have occurred this season: last night’s Stanley Cup Final Game 3 (4.001 million viewers); Saturday night’s Game 2 (3.964 million); and Game 7 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals between Chicago and Detroit (3.354 million).
Game 4 will be on NBC at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 0
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 1
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 46
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (50)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)