Jun 19, 2013, 12:05 AM EST
So you might have heard that Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final was the most-watched NHL game in NBCSN’s history.
Well, that record didn’t last long.
Game 3 drew 4.001 million viewers, making it the first NBCSN NHL game to surpass the 4 million mark. Here’s more from NBC Sports PR:
With 4.001 million viewers, Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 is the most-watched Stanley Cup Final game on cable since 2002 (Carolina-Detroit, 6/4, ESPN, 4.015 million). It was up 93% compared to Game 4 last year (the second on NBC Sports Network), which averaged 2.069 million viewers for New Jersey-Los Angeles.
Bruins-Blackhawks Game 3 peaked with 4.887 million viewers from 9:30-9:45 p.m. ET, and delivered NBCSN its best viewership ever among Adults 18-49 (2.047 million) and Adults 25-54 (2.136 million).
Three of the five most-watched NHL games in NBCSN history have occurred this season: last night’s Stanley Cup Final Game 3 (4.001 million viewers); Saturday night’s Game 2 (3.964 million); and Game 7 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals between Chicago and Detroit (3.354 million).
Game 4 will be on NBC at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)