Jun 19, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
Brent Seabrook doesn’t own the “Mr. Clutch” moniker for the 2013 playoffs, but he at least can claim a share.
The Chicago Blackhawks defenseman scored the 6-5 OT winner in Game 4 on Wednesday, tying the 2013 Stanley Cup Final at 2-2 and earning his second overtime game-winner of the 2013 postseason. Let’s try to make a modicum of sense of this thrilling and wacky game.
- Where would you rank this contest among this postseason’s most exciting games? Is it the best of the Stanley Cup Final? Could there be a stronger contrast to the dead-legged play in Game 3?
- The Blackhawks won, but they have some soul-searching to do. They squandered leads in rapid fashion. Corey Crawford‘s glove generated more than a few Twitter jokes and this video from Keith Jones:
- Both power plays produced offense tonight. Does this open the floodgates for the Blackhawks? Should Chicago’s PK unit worry about a buzzing Boston unit?
- It was a great night for Chicago stars Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp, but what about Marian Hossa? Did he look far off to you?
- If Nick Leddy is hurt (and not just in Joel Quenneville’s doghouse), who should take his place?
- Can Milan Lucic be the difference-maker? He already has three goals in this series.
- This has been a “coming out party” to some for Patrice Bergeron. Where do you rank him among the NHL’s best two-way forwards?
- So, which team has the advantage now? The Bruins still have to feel good about the way they’re playing, although the Blackhawks looked like their dominant selves again …
Apr 19, 2014, 1:57 AM EDT
“We should have been 5-on-3.”
Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 AM EDT
Ryan Getzlaf, Frederik Andersen and Corey Perry “are winning that battle,” he said.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT
Eventful last few days for the captain.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:59 PM EDT
“It was one individual effort that made the difference today.”
Apr 18, 2014, 11:14 PM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Bolts just needed a spark, he explained.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:27 PM EDT
There was no penalty on the play.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard had a shutout in the goaltending duel.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Can Dallas build on its late-game momentum?
Apr 18, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Game 3 will be played in Montreal.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Naturally, the Blackhawks-Blues triple-overtime game was very popular.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:51 PM EDT
Detroit was near the bottom of the pack in hits in the regular season.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
They took a 1-0 lead over Tampa Bay in the process.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
“We expected a tough series against (St. Louis).”
Apr 18, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
The rookie had three assists last night.
Apr 18, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
The last of the first round series is about to begin.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Montreal has a 1-0 series lead.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
This isn’t the first time he’s been fined.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
That’s a pretty bold statement, given that Nashville used to have blueliners like Kimmo Timonen and Ryan Suter.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Apparently, the “Coyotes, Ducks, Kings, and Sharks are on board” with relocating their minor-league affiliates closer to home.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63