Jun 19, 2013, 11:40 PM EST
Brent Seabrook doesn’t own the “Mr. Clutch” moniker for the 2013 playoffs, but he at least can claim a share.
The Chicago Blackhawks defenseman scored the 6-5 OT winner in Game 4 on Wednesday, tying the 2013 Stanley Cup Final at 2-2 and earning his second overtime game-winner of the 2013 postseason. Let’s try to make a modicum of sense of this thrilling and wacky game.
- Where would you rank this contest among this postseason’s most exciting games? Is it the best of the Stanley Cup Final? Could there be a stronger contrast to the dead-legged play in Game 3?
- The Blackhawks won, but they have some soul-searching to do. They squandered leads in rapid fashion. Corey Crawford‘s glove generated more than a few Twitter jokes and this video from Keith Jones:
- Both power plays produced offense tonight. Does this open the floodgates for the Blackhawks? Should Chicago’s PK unit worry about a buzzing Boston unit?
- It was a great night for Chicago stars Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp, but what about Marian Hossa? Did he look far off to you?
- If Nick Leddy is hurt (and not just in Joel Quenneville’s doghouse), who should take his place?
- Can Milan Lucic be the difference-maker? He already has three goals in this series.
- This has been a “coming out party” to some for Patrice Bergeron. Where do you rank him among the NHL’s best two-way forwards?
- So, which team has the advantage now? The Bruins still have to feel good about the way they’re playing, although the Blackhawks looked like their dominant selves again …
Nov 27, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Appeared to take the shot off his left knee. Will not return.
Nov 27, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Struggled in the American Hockey League this season.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Expected to formally announce his retirement next Thursday morning.
Nov 27, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Talented center would be a prized pickup at the deadline.
Nov 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Patrick Roy doesn’t own part of a junior team anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
Incident occurred during Wednesday’s Jets-Sabres game.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Linden Vey gets back into the lineup for tomorrow’s game in Columbus.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
Dallas forward has history as a repeat offender.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
That’s a picture of Shawn Thornton, who doesn’t play for them anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Just two goals in 20 games this year.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
Devils currently sit 12th in the Eastern Conference.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
Played in 14 games over parts of the last three seasons.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
Following Tuesday’s “mind-numbing” change in Dallas.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Big boost for Nashville, who hosts Edmonton tonight.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:44 AM EST
That’s the feeling, at least.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
Florida’s No. 1 left Wednesday’s game early.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Nov 27, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Center had a career-high 18 goals and 39 points last year.
Nov 27, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Not listed: glorious gluttony.
Nov 27, 2014, 9:58 AM EST
“It’s pretty easy to see things slipping away,” Steve Mason said.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)