Jun 19, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
Brent Seabrook doesn’t own the “Mr. Clutch” moniker for the 2013 playoffs, but he at least can claim a share.
The Chicago Blackhawks defenseman scored the 6-5 OT winner in Game 4 on Wednesday, tying the 2013 Stanley Cup Final at 2-2 and earning his second overtime game-winner of the 2013 postseason. Let’s try to make a modicum of sense of this thrilling and wacky game.
- Where would you rank this contest among this postseason’s most exciting games? Is it the best of the Stanley Cup Final? Could there be a stronger contrast to the dead-legged play in Game 3?
- The Blackhawks won, but they have some soul-searching to do. They squandered leads in rapid fashion. Corey Crawford‘s glove generated more than a few Twitter jokes and this video from Keith Jones:
- Both power plays produced offense tonight. Does this open the floodgates for the Blackhawks? Should Chicago’s PK unit worry about a buzzing Boston unit?
- It was a great night for Chicago stars Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp, but what about Marian Hossa? Did he look far off to you?
- If Nick Leddy is hurt (and not just in Joel Quenneville’s doghouse), who should take his place?
- Can Milan Lucic be the difference-maker? He already has three goals in this series.
- This has been a “coming out party” to some for Patrice Bergeron. Where do you rank him among the NHL’s best two-way forwards?
- So, which team has the advantage now? The Bruins still have to feel good about the way they’re playing, although the Blackhawks looked like their dominant selves again …
Sep 17, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
A clothing-conscious post.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
His back issues present another headache for Columbus.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
He has 44 games of NHL experience under his belt.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
Insert your “humongous big” jokes here.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Quite an open letter.
Sep 17, 2014, 5:26 PM EDT
Sep 17, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
His agent says it’s best to leave town and avoiding being a distraction.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
“No matter how much my old teammates say it doesn’t bother them, it affects them. It does in that city.”
Sep 17, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
And on the possibility of his client signing an offer sheet? “Well, we’ll have to see.”
Sep 17, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
“Justin has emerged as one of our most well-rounded and dependable defensemen.”
Sep 17, 2014, 1:34 PM EDT
“We’ve been told if we don’t give them what they want, they’ll be leaving town.”
Sep 17, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Veteran d-man just turned 40 years old.
Sep 17, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Sep 17, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
“That is significantly good to hear.”
Sep 17, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
“I’ve been with the team for eight years, and I don’t know if I’ve been more disappointed about anything that’s been written,” said Pierre Dorion.
Sep 17, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Enter Radim Vrbata.
Sep 17, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
“I actually thought I had a great year up to the Olympic break and even after.”
Sep 17, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
“The tenor of the talks has been good, so we’ll keep going and keep working on it.”
Sep 17, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Yet he says his contract status won’t be an issue this season.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The Blues acquired him from Toronto.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)