Jun 19, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
Brent Seabrook doesn’t own the “Mr. Clutch” moniker for the 2013 playoffs, but he at least can claim a share.
The Chicago Blackhawks defenseman scored the 6-5 OT winner in Game 4 on Wednesday, tying the 2013 Stanley Cup Final at 2-2 and earning his second overtime game-winner of the 2013 postseason. Let’s try to make a modicum of sense of this thrilling and wacky game.
- Where would you rank this contest among this postseason’s most exciting games? Is it the best of the Stanley Cup Final? Could there be a stronger contrast to the dead-legged play in Game 3?
- The Blackhawks won, but they have some soul-searching to do. They squandered leads in rapid fashion. Corey Crawford‘s glove generated more than a few Twitter jokes and this video from Keith Jones:
- Both power plays produced offense tonight. Does this open the floodgates for the Blackhawks? Should Chicago’s PK unit worry about a buzzing Boston unit?
- It was a great night for Chicago stars Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp, but what about Marian Hossa? Did he look far off to you?
- If Nick Leddy is hurt (and not just in Joel Quenneville’s doghouse), who should take his place?
- Can Milan Lucic be the difference-maker? He already has three goals in this series.
- This has been a “coming out party” to some for Patrice Bergeron. Where do you rank him among the NHL’s best two-way forwards?
- So, which team has the advantage now? The Bruins still have to feel good about the way they’re playing, although the Blackhawks looked like their dominant selves again …
Mar 27, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Changes to the bylaws allow the Philly defenseman to be inducted.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
The group is nearing its goal of securing 10,000 season ticket deposits.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Winnipeg grabbed a big win today, too.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT
A tough win turned into a bitter OT loss.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:13 PM EDT
Will anyone else join them tonight?
Mar 26, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
The real winners might be the Edmonton Oilers.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
Not a great night for Ottawa.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
Update your save of the year highlight packages.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
He seems OK after that tough, 2-on-1 check.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Three goals allowed in 20 minutes by Detroit’s embattled starter.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
The Rangers forward felt encouraged by this latest step.
Mar 26, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
He’s lining up with Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron to start.
Mar 26, 2015, 6:37 PM EDT
A Vladimir Tarasenko hit shook him up on Tuesday.
Mar 26, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Vermont power forward was the club’s third-round pick in 2011.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:56 PM EDT
Featuring Erik Karlsson, Marc Methot and a guest appearance from Curtis Lazar.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
The 43-year-old has been a big influence on his young linemates.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
Granted, they have to make them first.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau continues to “experiment” on defense.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
“Hopefully we realize that, come together and allow this group to stay together.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 19
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 9
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 40
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)