Jun 19, 2013, 11:40 PM EST
Brent Seabrook doesn’t own the “Mr. Clutch” moniker for the 2013 playoffs, but he at least can claim a share.
The Chicago Blackhawks defenseman scored the 6-5 OT winner in Game 4 on Wednesday, tying the 2013 Stanley Cup Final at 2-2 and earning his second overtime game-winner of the 2013 postseason. Let’s try to make a modicum of sense of this thrilling and wacky game.
- Where would you rank this contest among this postseason’s most exciting games? Is it the best of the Stanley Cup Final? Could there be a stronger contrast to the dead-legged play in Game 3?
- The Blackhawks won, but they have some soul-searching to do. They squandered leads in rapid fashion. Corey Crawford‘s glove generated more than a few Twitter jokes and this video from Keith Jones:
- Both power plays produced offense tonight. Does this open the floodgates for the Blackhawks? Should Chicago’s PK unit worry about a buzzing Boston unit?
- It was a great night for Chicago stars Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp, but what about Marian Hossa? Did he look far off to you?
- If Nick Leddy is hurt (and not just in Joel Quenneville’s doghouse), who should take his place?
- Can Milan Lucic be the difference-maker? He already has three goals in this series.
- This has been a “coming out party” to some for Patrice Bergeron. Where do you rank him among the NHL’s best two-way forwards?
- So, which team has the advantage now? The Bruins still have to feel good about the way they’re playing, although the Blackhawks looked like their dominant selves again …
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12