Jun 19, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche reunion tour has added another member.
On Tuesday, Adrian Dater of the Denver Post passed along word that Adam Foote — a two-time Cup winner in Colorado with new head coach Patrick Roy and president Joe Sakic — would be joining Roy’s coaching staff on a part-time basis.
Foote will work with the club’s defensemen, a fitting role given he was one of the best blueliners to ever play for the organization.
In 2009, he inherited Colorado’s captaincy from Sakic, becoming just the eighth captain in Avs/Nordiques franchise history and just the second since the move to Denver.
In Colorado, Foote will have a number of young defensemen to work with.
Duncan Siemens, the 11th overall pick at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, just finished up a four-year career with WHL Saskatoon, while 21-year-old Tyson Barrie and 22-year-old Stefan Elliott seem primed to play with the Avs on a full-time basis.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)