Jun 18, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
The Ottawa Senators have announced a new partnership with Canadian retailer, Canadian Tire. Among other things, this means that their arena will now be known as the Canadian Tire Centre.
“The Ottawa Senators and Canadian Tire have been partners since 1990 when our fans first welcomed the team’s announced re-entry into the National Hockey League. It is a long and storied partnership we are extremely proud of, and pleased to be able to build upon,” said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk.
The Sens Foundation will enter into an “enhanced partnership” with Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities. Ticket kiosks will also be placed in some regional Sport Chek, Sports Experts, Canadian Tire, and Mark’s stores for Canadian Tire Centre events.
“As a Family of Companies, we are on a journey to partner with leading sports organizations to promote sport and bring physical activity to the grassroots level. Our new partnership with Senators Sports & Entertainment fits perfectly with what we want to accomplish for our customers,” said senior vice president of corporate affairs for Canadian Tire Corporation, Duncan Fulton.
This deal will start on July 1, 2013 and Canadian Tire reports that the deal can be renewed indefinitely, according to the Ottawa’s Bruce Garrioch.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:15 PM EST
Was rushed to hospital.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:27 PM EST
Both are unrestricted free agents after this season.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
He’s an unrestricted free agent after this season.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Was acquired Thursday from Toronto.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Ottawa’s GM confirms he had talks with Toronto.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
New York has won four straight overall coming in.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:02 AM EST
L.A. played the night before.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
Lost to Carolina on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
He was traded from Philadelphia to Chicago on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:34 PM EST
Meanwhile, Calgary’s playoff hopes take another hit.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
Important win for Boston.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:37 PM EST
Feb 27, 2015, 9:19 PM EST
Should be interesting.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:31 PM EST
Another day, another trade.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
Pascal Dupuis recently opened up about his condition.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
The Habs host the Maple Leafs on Saturday.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:37 PM EST
That’s according to multiple reports.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:28 PM EST
Trade deadline is Monday, by the way.
Feb 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EST
Was aiming to play Saturday versus the Rangers.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EST
GM Doug Wilson has some decisions to make…
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 26
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)