Jun 18, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators have announced a new partnership with Canadian retailer, Canadian Tire. Among other things, this means that their arena will now be known as the Canadian Tire Centre.
“The Ottawa Senators and Canadian Tire have been partners since 1990 when our fans first welcomed the team’s announced re-entry into the National Hockey League. It is a long and storied partnership we are extremely proud of, and pleased to be able to build upon,” said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk.
The Sens Foundation will enter into an “enhanced partnership” with Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities. Ticket kiosks will also be placed in some regional Sport Chek, Sports Experts, Canadian Tire, and Mark’s stores for Canadian Tire Centre events.
“As a Family of Companies, we are on a journey to partner with leading sports organizations to promote sport and bring physical activity to the grassroots level. Our new partnership with Senators Sports & Entertainment fits perfectly with what we want to accomplish for our customers,” said senior vice president of corporate affairs for Canadian Tire Corporation, Duncan Fulton.
This deal will start on July 1, 2013 and Canadian Tire reports that the deal can be renewed indefinitely, according to the Ottawa’s Bruce Garrioch.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)