Jun 18, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators have announced a new partnership with Canadian retailer, Canadian Tire. Among other things, this means that their arena will now be known as the Canadian Tire Centre.
“The Ottawa Senators and Canadian Tire have been partners since 1990 when our fans first welcomed the team’s announced re-entry into the National Hockey League. It is a long and storied partnership we are extremely proud of, and pleased to be able to build upon,” said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk.
The Sens Foundation will enter into an “enhanced partnership” with Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities. Ticket kiosks will also be placed in some regional Sport Chek, Sports Experts, Canadian Tire, and Mark’s stores for Canadian Tire Centre events.
“As a Family of Companies, we are on a journey to partner with leading sports organizations to promote sport and bring physical activity to the grassroots level. Our new partnership with Senators Sports & Entertainment fits perfectly with what we want to accomplish for our customers,” said senior vice president of corporate affairs for Canadian Tire Corporation, Duncan Fulton.
This deal will start on July 1, 2013 and Canadian Tire reports that the deal can be renewed indefinitely, according to the Ottawa’s Bruce Garrioch.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)