Jun 18, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
The Ottawa Senators have announced a new partnership with Canadian retailer, Canadian Tire. Among other things, this means that their arena will now be known as the Canadian Tire Centre.
“The Ottawa Senators and Canadian Tire have been partners since 1990 when our fans first welcomed the team’s announced re-entry into the National Hockey League. It is a long and storied partnership we are extremely proud of, and pleased to be able to build upon,” said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk.
The Sens Foundation will enter into an “enhanced partnership” with Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities. Ticket kiosks will also be placed in some regional Sport Chek, Sports Experts, Canadian Tire, and Mark’s stores for Canadian Tire Centre events.
“As a Family of Companies, we are on a journey to partner with leading sports organizations to promote sport and bring physical activity to the grassroots level. Our new partnership with Senators Sports & Entertainment fits perfectly with what we want to accomplish for our customers,” said senior vice president of corporate affairs for Canadian Tire Corporation, Duncan Fulton.
This deal will start on July 1, 2013 and Canadian Tire reports that the deal can be renewed indefinitely, according to the Ottawa’s Bruce Garrioch.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)