Jun 18, 2013, 2:49 PM EST
BOSTON — In some much-needed good news for the Blackhawks, forward Marian Hossa is “likely” to play Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final on Wednesday at TD Garden, according to Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville.
“I’m not going to get exactly what the injury is or where it occurred, but I’m going to say he’s likely to play tomorrow night,” Quenneville said today.
Predictably, the Blackhawks have given no clues as to what exactly is wrong with the Slovakian winger, merely saying he’s “day-to-day.”
‘Hawks players weren’t sharing anything today either. When asked if he knew what was wrong with Hossa, center Dave Bolland said he didn’t know…anything.
“I don’t know him,” Bolland said, laughing. “Who’s he?”
It’s rumored, by the way, that Hossa’s injury is neck-related. But if one of his teammates is able to have a laugh, perhaps he’s indeed ready to go for Game 4.
The Blackhawks could sure use him, given they trail the B’s, 2-1, in the series and haven’t scored a goal since the first period of Game 2 at the United Center.
The 34-year-old winger also has three power-play goals, something the ‘Hawks haven’t managed to score in their last six games.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)