Jun 18, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
BOSTON — In some much-needed good news for the Blackhawks, forward Marian Hossa is “likely” to play Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final on Wednesday at TD Garden, according to Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville.
“I’m not going to get exactly what the injury is or where it occurred, but I’m going to say he’s likely to play tomorrow night,” Quenneville said today.
Predictably, the Blackhawks have given no clues as to what exactly is wrong with the Slovakian winger, merely saying he’s “day-to-day.”
‘Hawks players weren’t sharing anything today either. When asked if he knew what was wrong with Hossa, center Dave Bolland said he didn’t know…anything.
“I don’t know him,” Bolland said, laughing. “Who’s he?”
It’s rumored, by the way, that Hossa’s injury is neck-related. But if one of his teammates is able to have a laugh, perhaps he’s indeed ready to go for Game 4.
The Blackhawks could sure use him, given they trail the B’s, 2-1, in the series and haven’t scored a goal since the first period of Game 2 at the United Center.
The 34-year-old winger also has three power-play goals, something the ‘Hawks haven’t managed to score in their last six games.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 5
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 25
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)