Jun 18, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
BOSTON — In some much-needed good news for the Blackhawks, forward Marian Hossa is “likely” to play Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final on Wednesday at TD Garden, according to Chicago head coach Joel Quenneville.
“I’m not going to get exactly what the injury is or where it occurred, but I’m going to say he’s likely to play tomorrow night,” Quenneville said today.
Predictably, the Blackhawks have given no clues as to what exactly is wrong with the Slovakian winger, merely saying he’s “day-to-day.”
‘Hawks players weren’t sharing anything today either. When asked if he knew what was wrong with Hossa, center Dave Bolland said he didn’t know…anything.
“I don’t know him,” Bolland said, laughing. “Who’s he?”
It’s rumored, by the way, that Hossa’s injury is neck-related. But if one of his teammates is able to have a laugh, perhaps he’s indeed ready to go for Game 4.
The Blackhawks could sure use him, given they trail the B’s, 2-1, in the series and haven’t scored a goal since the first period of Game 2 at the United Center.
The 34-year-old winger also has three power-play goals, something the ‘Hawks haven’t managed to score in their last six games.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)