Jun 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
According to Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times, the deal is worth $25 million.
Voynov was a pending restricted free agent. The 23-year-old Russian defenseman finished the playoffs with six goals and seven assists in 18 games. He also had 25 points — three more than the team’s top blue-liner, Drew Doughty — in 48 regular-season games.
The Kings still have a number of other RFAs to re-sign, including defenseman Jake Muzzin and forward Trevor Lewis.
Also of note, with the salary cap falling to $64.3 million, Los Angeles may not have room to re-sign veteran d-man Rob Scuderi, a pending unrestricted free agent.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15