Jun 18, 2013, 12:22 PM EST
Bourque, 27, made headlines last season when he made the Bruins roster out of abbreviated training camp, carrying on the legacy set by his father — Ray Bourque — who spent 21 seasons in Boston during his Hall of Fame career.
The younger Bourque appeared in 18 games with the B’s last season, scoring 1G-3A while averaging over 12 minutes per game.
What’s curious about the timing of this announcement is that Bourque is currently traveling as one of Boston’s Black Aces in the Stanley Cup final, and has one season left on the two-year, $1.1 million deal signed in 2012.
That said, this move didn’t come entirely out of left field — Bourque does have a history with the KHL, having spent the 2010-11 season with Atlant Moscow Oblast.
As for Vincour, the 22 year old Czech appeared in 88 games with over three seasons with Dallas — scoring a career-high 10 points in 2011-12 — before being shipped to Colorado at this year’s deadline.
Vincour proceeded to appear in two games for the Avs, but spent the majority of his time with AHL Lake Erie.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)