Jun 18, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
Bourque, 27, made headlines last season when he made the Bruins roster out of abbreviated training camp, carrying on the legacy set by his father — Ray Bourque — who spent 21 seasons in Boston during his Hall of Fame career.
The younger Bourque appeared in 18 games with the B’s last season, scoring 1G-3A while averaging over 12 minutes per game.
What’s curious about the timing of this announcement is that Bourque is currently traveling as one of Boston’s Black Aces in the Stanley Cup final, and has one season left on the two-year, $1.1 million deal signed in 2012.
That said, this move didn’t come entirely out of left field — Bourque does have a history with the KHL, having spent the 2010-11 season with Atlant Moscow Oblast.
As for Vincour, the 22 year old Czech appeared in 88 games with over three seasons with Dallas — scoring a career-high 10 points in 2011-12 — before being shipped to Colorado at this year’s deadline.
Vincour proceeded to appear in two games for the Avs, but spent the majority of his time with AHL Lake Erie.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)