Jun 18, 2013, 12:22 PM EST
Bourque, 27, made headlines last season when he made the Bruins roster out of abbreviated training camp, carrying on the legacy set by his father — Ray Bourque — who spent 21 seasons in Boston during his Hall of Fame career.
The younger Bourque appeared in 18 games with the B’s last season, scoring 1G-3A while averaging over 12 minutes per game.
What’s curious about the timing of this announcement is that Bourque is currently traveling as one of Boston’s Black Aces in the Stanley Cup final, and has one season left on the two-year, $1.1 million deal signed in 2012.
That said, this move didn’t come entirely out of left field — Bourque does have a history with the KHL, having spent the 2010-11 season with Atlant Moscow Oblast.
As for Vincour, the 22 year old Czech appeared in 88 games with over three seasons with Dallas — scoring a career-high 10 points in 2011-12 — before being shipped to Colorado at this year’s deadline.
Vincour proceeded to appear in two games for the Avs, but spent the majority of his time with AHL Lake Erie.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)