Jun 17, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Minnesota re-upped with defenseman Marco Scandella on a two-year deal, the club announced Monday.
According to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie, the deal is for $2.05 million with an average annual cap hit of $1.025 million per season.
Scandella, 23, only appeared in six games for the Wild last year after posting career-highs in games (63), goals (three), assists (nine), points (12) and TOI per game (21:47) in 2011-12.
He spent the majority of 2013 with AHL Houston, but did work his way back into the Minnesota lineup for the playoffs — and acquitted himself quite well.
Scandella led all Wild defensemen in playoff scoring (granted, it was with two points) and finished fourth in time on ice per game, at 18:01.
Should be noted that Scandella struggled with a groin injury in the early part of the season, which played a part in him falling out of the Wild’s defensive rotation.
He was the club’s second-round (55th) overall pick at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)