Jun 17, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Minnesota re-upped with defenseman Marco Scandella on a two-year deal, the club announced Monday.
According to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie, the deal is for $2.05 million with an average annual cap hit of $1.025 million per season.
Scandella, 23, only appeared in six games for the Wild last year after posting career-highs in games (63), goals (three), assists (nine), points (12) and TOI per game (21:47) in 2011-12.
He spent the majority of 2013 with AHL Houston, but did work his way back into the Minnesota lineup for the playoffs — and acquitted himself quite well.
Scandella led all Wild defensemen in playoff scoring (granted, it was with two points) and finished fourth in time on ice per game, at 18:01.
Should be noted that Scandella struggled with a groin injury in the early part of the season, which played a part in him falling out of the Wild’s defensive rotation.
He was the club’s second-round (55th) overall pick at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)