Jun 17, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Minnesota re-upped with defenseman Marco Scandella on a two-year deal, the club announced Monday.
According to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie, the deal is for $2.05 million with an average annual cap hit of $1.025 million per season.
Scandella, 23, only appeared in six games for the Wild last year after posting career-highs in games (63), goals (three), assists (nine), points (12) and TOI per game (21:47) in 2011-12.
He spent the majority of 2013 with AHL Houston, but did work his way back into the Minnesota lineup for the playoffs — and acquitted himself quite well.
Scandella led all Wild defensemen in playoff scoring (granted, it was with two points) and finished fourth in time on ice per game, at 18:01.
Should be noted that Scandella struggled with a groin injury in the early part of the season, which played a part in him falling out of the Wild’s defensive rotation.
He was the club’s second-round (55th) overall pick at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (49)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)