Jun 17, 2013, 9:03 AM EDT
Helping score the overtime winner in the Stanley Cup Final is among the greatest single moments any hockey player can have on the ice.
“My little sister kind of made fun of me for it. At the time, you don’t know what you’re doing. I was just excited and did a windmill hand thing,” Seguin commented after the game, according to NHL.com.
Seguin has struggled offensively during the 2013 playoffs with just one goal in 18 games. At the same time, the 21-year-old has registered assists in back-to-back contests.
“I thought last night was an excellent game for him, [he] made some good plays, was everywhere around the puck, second effort was there. That’s all you can ask [for],” Bruins coach Claude Julien said. “He’s only a 21-year-old kid, this is his third year. Sometimes patience doesn’t mean just for one year, patience means a little more than a year. As long as he’s growing and getting better, I’m going to keep supporting him.”
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)