Jun 17, 2013, 9:03 AM EST
Helping score the overtime winner in the Stanley Cup Final is among the greatest single moments any hockey player can have on the ice.
“My little sister kind of made fun of me for it. At the time, you don’t know what you’re doing. I was just excited and did a windmill hand thing,” Seguin commented after the game, according to NHL.com.
Seguin has struggled offensively during the 2013 playoffs with just one goal in 18 games. At the same time, the 21-year-old has registered assists in back-to-back contests.
“I thought last night was an excellent game for him, [he] made some good plays, was everywhere around the puck, second effort was there. That’s all you can ask [for],” Bruins coach Claude Julien said. “He’s only a 21-year-old kid, this is his third year. Sometimes patience doesn’t mean just for one year, patience means a little more than a year. As long as he’s growing and getting better, I’m going to keep supporting him.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)