Jun 17, 2013, 9:03 AM EST
Helping score the overtime winner in the Stanley Cup Final is among the greatest single moments any hockey player can have on the ice.
“My little sister kind of made fun of me for it. At the time, you don’t know what you’re doing. I was just excited and did a windmill hand thing,” Seguin commented after the game, according to NHL.com.
Seguin has struggled offensively during the 2013 playoffs with just one goal in 18 games. At the same time, the 21-year-old has registered assists in back-to-back contests.
“I thought last night was an excellent game for him, [he] made some good plays, was everywhere around the puck, second effort was there. That’s all you can ask [for],” Bruins coach Claude Julien said. “He’s only a 21-year-old kid, this is his third year. Sometimes patience doesn’t mean just for one year, patience means a little more than a year. As long as he’s growing and getting better, I’m going to keep supporting him.”
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 8
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 3
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 30
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 37
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (37)