Jun 17, 2013, 9:03 AM EST
Helping score the overtime winner in the Stanley Cup Final is among the greatest single moments any hockey player can have on the ice.
“My little sister kind of made fun of me for it. At the time, you don’t know what you’re doing. I was just excited and did a windmill hand thing,” Seguin commented after the game, according to NHL.com.
Seguin has struggled offensively during the 2013 playoffs with just one goal in 18 games. At the same time, the 21-year-old has registered assists in back-to-back contests.
“I thought last night was an excellent game for him, [he] made some good plays, was everywhere around the puck, second effort was there. That’s all you can ask [for],” Bruins coach Claude Julien said. “He’s only a 21-year-old kid, this is his third year. Sometimes patience doesn’t mean just for one year, patience means a little more than a year. As long as he’s growing and getting better, I’m going to keep supporting him.”
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 42
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)