Jun 17, 2013, 9:57 PM EST
In Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, the HuLK line continued its dominance, scoring all of the Boston Bruins goals. Now it seems we might need to come up with a cute acronym for the Tyler Seguin – Chris Kelly – Daniel Paille line.
Paille opened up the scoring in Game 3, giving him two consecutive goals (the 4-3 OT winner from Game 2 might be a little bit more renowned, but still). Chris Kelly scored as well, so the SKiP* line collected three straight Bruins goals.
Here’s the Paille marker from Game 3:
That wasn’t the only moment for the [Insert your superior nickname] line, though. An earlier chance for Paille, 29, forced Corey Crawford to charge out and kill the chance, Dominik Hasek-style.
The improving third line also influenced the 2-0 goal in a big way, as Kelly and Paille drew penalties going to the net. That opened the door for Jaromir Jagr to set up Patrice Bergeron on the power play.
This group might not maintain this red-hot run for long, but it’s making a big difference on a huge stage.
* – Pretty good, huh? No? Oh, OK.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 0
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 27
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 49
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)