Jun 17, 2013, 12:26 PM EST
Stalberg is also one of the NHL’s fastest skaters, and Boston has, at times, had trouble with Chicago’s speed in the first two games of the series.
Update (12:35 p.m. ET):
Stalberg is in, according to ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville.
“I think we need some speed from him,” said Quenneville. “I think we need energy. I think that he’s a threat off the rush, in zone, defensively responsible.”
As for the guy Stalberg will replace?
“I think Bollig gave us a couple real strong games,” said Quenneville. “You can talk about the last play. Certainly, you like the predictability of his game. I thought he did a nice job.
“Viktor, we’re just looking for more. I think offensively, defensively, giving us some more in both those areas.”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4