Jun 17, 2013, 12:26 PM EST
Stalberg is also one of the NHL’s fastest skaters, and Boston has, at times, had trouble with Chicago’s speed in the first two games of the series.
Update (12:35 p.m. ET):
Stalberg is in, according to ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville.
“I think we need some speed from him,” said Quenneville. “I think we need energy. I think that he’s a threat off the rush, in zone, defensively responsible.”
As for the guy Stalberg will replace?
“I think Bollig gave us a couple real strong games,” said Quenneville. “You can talk about the last play. Certainly, you like the predictability of his game. I thought he did a nice job.
“Viktor, we’re just looking for more. I think offensively, defensively, giving us some more in both those areas.”
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 40
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32