Jun 17, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT
Stalberg is also one of the NHL’s fastest skaters, and Boston has, at times, had trouble with Chicago’s speed in the first two games of the series.
Update (12:35 p.m. ET):
Stalberg is in, according to ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville.
“I think we need some speed from him,” said Quenneville. “I think we need energy. I think that he’s a threat off the rush, in zone, defensively responsible.”
As for the guy Stalberg will replace?
“I think Bollig gave us a couple real strong games,” said Quenneville. “You can talk about the last play. Certainly, you like the predictability of his game. I thought he did a nice job.
“Viktor, we’re just looking for more. I think offensively, defensively, giving us some more in both those areas.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54