Jun 17, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT
Stalberg is also one of the NHL’s fastest skaters, and Boston has, at times, had trouble with Chicago’s speed in the first two games of the series.
Update (12:35 p.m. ET):
Stalberg is in, according to ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville.
“I think we need some speed from him,” said Quenneville. “I think we need energy. I think that he’s a threat off the rush, in zone, defensively responsible.”
As for the guy Stalberg will replace?
“I think Bollig gave us a couple real strong games,” said Quenneville. “You can talk about the last play. Certainly, you like the predictability of his game. I thought he did a nice job.
“Viktor, we’re just looking for more. I think offensively, defensively, giving us some more in both those areas.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)