Jun 17, 2013, 4:39 PM EDT
Bernier was previously represented by Denis Maiorino. It’s not clear if new representation has been secured.
It’s also not clear why ties were cut with Maiorino. Bernier has been the subject of trade speculation for some time now, as Los Angeles has Jonathan Quick, one of the best goalies in the NHL, signed through 2022-23.
Recently, it was reported that the Kings have spoken to 10 teams about their highly touted backup.
Wherever Bernier ends up, he’ll need a new contract. The 24-year-old is a restricted free agent.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)