Jun 17, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
There’s great debate, however, whether Bozak is a legitimate first-line center, the kind that can lead a team to the Stanley Cup.
Then there are all the rumors about Panthers center (and Toronto native) Stephen Weiss, who’s free to sign anywhere he desires on July 5.
Just for fun, another name we’ll throw out there is Joe Thornton. The 33-year-old only has one year left on his deal with the Sharks, and San Jose has two young centers in Logan Couture and Joe Pavelski that the organization may think offer better value in the long-term.
Of course, the Sharks still need to lock up Couture, 24, and Pavelski, 28. The former has one year left before he’s RFA; the latter one year before he’s UFA.
CSN Bay Area has more on re-signing Couture and Pavelski.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)