Jun 17, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
There’s great debate, however, whether Bozak is a legitimate first-line center, the kind that can lead a team to the Stanley Cup.
Then there are all the rumors about Panthers center (and Toronto native) Stephen Weiss, who’s free to sign anywhere he desires on July 5.
Just for fun, another name we’ll throw out there is Joe Thornton. The 33-year-old only has one year left on his deal with the Sharks, and San Jose has two young centers in Logan Couture and Joe Pavelski that the organization may think offer better value in the long-term.
Of course, the Sharks still need to lock up Couture, 24, and Pavelski, 28. The former has one year left before he’s RFA; the latter one year before he’s UFA.
CSN Bay Area has more on re-signing Couture and Pavelski.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 41
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 100
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (100)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)