Jun 17, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
As great as Tuukka Rask has been, Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville seemingly believes that the Boston Bruins aren’t seeing their best game.
“Tonight, I thought we made it rather easy on him,” Quenneville said of Rask.
Quenneville said he thought that the Blackhawks played into the Bruins’ hands after Game 2. Being shut out in Game 3 might just make him feel like it could be Boston’s kind of series.
“It’s a low-chance game. It’s a low-chance series,” Quenneville said. ” … It’s hard to get A-plus chances. You have to manufacture the second, kind of ugly goals, tip screens, deflections.”
“If they give up the rush, they’re not going to give up much, even though we had a couple looks in the third. The frequency of having high-quality chances in this series at both ends has not been there.”
Even so, the 26-year-old stopped 61 out of the last 62 shots he’s seen, including tonight’s 28-save shutout.
Following the game, Rask didn’t exactly make it easy on the censors:
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 0
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)