Skip to content

Quenneville: ‘Hawks ‘made it rather easy’ on Rask

Jun 17, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT

tuukkaraskgetty Getty Images

As great as Tuukka Rask has been, Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville seemingly believes that the Boston Bruins aren’t seeing their best game.

“Tonight, I thought we made it rather easy on him,” Quenneville said of Rask.

Quenneville said he thought that the Blackhawks played into the Bruins’ hands after Game 2. Being shut out in Game 3 might just make him feel like it could be Boston’s kind of series.

“It’s a low-chance game. It’s a low-chance series,” Quenneville said. ” … It’s hard to get A-plus chances. You have to manufacture the second, kind of ugly goals, tip screens, deflections.”

“If they give up the rush, they’re not going to give up much, even though we had a couple looks in the third. The frequency of having high-quality chances in this series at both ends has not been there.”

Even so, the 26-year-old stopped 61 out of the last 62 shots he’s seen, including tonight’s 28-save shutout.

Following the game, Rask didn’t exactly make it easy on the censors:

  1. patriotslove12 - Jun 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM

    Sound ALLOT like the Penguins and their coach following games 1 and 2 against the Bruins. What a surprise right? The Bruins have great goaltending (specifically in the playoffs) and a great defensive core. These teams need to stop being surprised and start smelling the roses.

    • adambballn - Jun 17, 2013 at 11:52 PM

      Sounds a lot like Q after the Hawks faced their only other shutout in nearly 60 games this season in game 4 against Detroit… They responded with 5 straight playoff wins. Lets see what happens Wednesday before crowning the Bruins.

      • dudermcrbohan - Jun 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM

        they let em off the hook!

      • itsallniceonice - Jun 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM

        Don’t get your hopes up man.

      • stoopidfool - Jun 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

        so…..ummmm…..the red wings made it rather easy on the blackhawks?

      • grilledjesus - Jun 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM

        Heard this when the Penguin fans were talking about their first shutout in a year and a half.

    • hockey412 - Jun 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM

      That’s one of the most arrogant and ignorant posts I’ve read. You need to stop saying “these teams need…”

    • imleftcoast - Jun 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM

      Rask is playing great. Chicago is going to have to get two or three guys around the net, and tick-tack-toe it. That means manning up and taking punishment from the Bruins D. Can’t wait until there’s 11 seconds left to start messing with Chara.

  2. spitfisher - Jun 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM

    unless the hawks change, rapidly this going to be over in 5 games. One can assume that it was a must win for the hawks, certainly didn’t feel that way in the effort department

    • hockey412 - Jun 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM

      Game three, with the series tied 1-1, was a must win? One can assume that? hahahahahahahaha

      • grilledjesus - Jun 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

        “According to NHL PR, the winners of Game 3 in the Stanley Cup Final when the series is tied 1-1 have gone on to win the Cup 21 of 25 times since the league went to a best-of-seven format back in 1939. That’s an 84 percent success rate.”

        Ha ha ha?

      • hockey412 - Jun 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM

        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH according to PR?!

        Well said…with that logic, why play the rest of the games?

      • bigblackzaranek - Jun 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM

        “63% of statistics on PHT comment boards are invented on the spot”
        Winston Churchill

        your move grilled jesus

      • adambballn - Jun 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM

        The next game is a must win for the Hawks. The series is 2-1… if Chicago wins on Wednesday we’re looking at a 2-2 series with 2 of the next 3 games being in Chicago. Chicago just needed/needs to steal a game in Boston; it didn’t matter if it was game 3 or is game 4.

      • hockey412 - Jun 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM

        Agreed, whole-heartedly.

      • grilledjesus - Jun 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM

        bigblackzaranek – Jun 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
        “63% of statistics on PHT comment boards are invented on the spot”
        Winston Churchill

        your move grilled jesus
        ——————————————————————————————————-

        http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31154

        • Teams winning Game Three after splitting the first two games have won the Cup 21 of 25 times (84%).

        Your move bigblackie

      • bigblackzaranek - Jun 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM

        http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31154

        “First-Game Winners Hold Decisive Edge in Stanley Cup Final”

        i got another hour left at the office to keep this going grilled hayzeus…

      • grilledjesus - Jun 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM

        hockey412 – Jun 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM
        Game three, with the series tied 1-1, was a must win? One can assume that? hahahahahahahaha

        hockey412 – Jun 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH according to PR?!

        Well said…with that logic, why play the rest of the games?
        ——————————————————————————————————————-
        See hockey412 you said “assume”, which means to take for granted or without proof, so I provided you with proof that there is a high probability, as per NHL history, that game 3 of a series tied 1-1 is a “must win”, thus showing it isn’t an assumption.
        If you would like to use “logic” I will “assume” that any person who is hockey412’s favorite player likes to anally rape field mice. Isn’t grammar fun. :)

      • adambballn - Jun 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM

        60% of the time it works every time… The stats have spoken… we probably shouldn’t even play game 4.

      • grilledjesus - Jun 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM

        bigblackzaranek – Jun 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
        “63% of statistics on PHT comment boards are invented on the spot”
        Winston Churchill

        your move grilled jesus
        ——————————————————————————————————

        bigblackzaranek – Jun 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM

        http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31154

        “First-Game Winners Hold Decisive Edge in Stanley Cup Final”

        i got another hour left at the office to keep this going grilled hayzeus…
        ———————————————————————————————————

        So you claim that stats on PHT are made up, are proved wrong, and your answer is to post a different stat, even though you previously claimed they are made up?
        You were captain of your debate team weren’t you?

      • grilledjesus - Jun 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM

        adambballn – Jun 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM
        60% of the time it works every time… The stats have spoken… we probably shouldn’t even play game 4.

        adambballn – Jun 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM
        The next game is a must win for the Hawks.
        —————————————————————————————————————————
        So if the hawks lose they shouldn’t play game 5?

      • bigblackzaranek - Jun 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM

        “63% of statistics on PHT comment boards are invented on the spot”

        100%-63%= 37%. That’s a 37% area covered by the other possible outcome in a group of statistics. Much like there is a 92% chance you’re hoping your mom doesnt cut off your internet access (8% chance you have your own abode for you kids keeping score at home.) c’mon jesus, pay attention now.

      • bigblackzaranek - Jun 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM

        That being said, i bet you’re a blast to have a parties GJ…

      • grilledjesus - Jun 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

        I get it bigblackie, when you posted this:
        ““63% of statistics on PHT comment boards are invented on the spot”
        Winston Churchill
        your move grilled jesus”
        you were actually saying you knew I was in the 37% that are truthful. Otherwise by questioning the veracity of my post, and then being proven that it was infact truthful, your correct reply should have been “My bad, but I still think that stat means F all.” Which is a valid point, but where’s the fun in that?

        p.s. I’m great at parties, never run out of food and drink.

  3. madmax80 - Jun 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM

    He should just say:

    THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!!!!!!!

    Actually, I like his quiet scratchy voice. I guess it’s from yelling during the game, but I haven’t ruled out that he is auditioning for the next Batman movie.

Sign up for Fantasy hockey

Top 10 NHL Player Searches
  1. S. Crosby (2558)
  2. E. Malkin (2382)
  3. R. Johansen (2310)
  4. J. Drouin (2028)
  5. P. Datsyuk (2002)
  1. C. Giroux (1962)
  2. F. Forsberg (1954)
  3. G. Nyquist (1941)
  4. J. Harding (1834)
  5. D. Stepan (1796)