Jun 17, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
As great as Tuukka Rask has been, Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville seemingly believes that the Boston Bruins aren’t seeing their best game.
“Tonight, I thought we made it rather easy on him,” Quenneville said of Rask.
Quenneville said he thought that the Blackhawks played into the Bruins’ hands after Game 2. Being shut out in Game 3 might just make him feel like it could be Boston’s kind of series.
“It’s a low-chance game. It’s a low-chance series,” Quenneville said. ” … It’s hard to get A-plus chances. You have to manufacture the second, kind of ugly goals, tip screens, deflections.”
“If they give up the rush, they’re not going to give up much, even though we had a couple looks in the third. The frequency of having high-quality chances in this series at both ends has not been there.”
Even so, the 26-year-old stopped 61 out of the last 62 shots he’s seen, including tonight’s 28-save shutout.
Following the game, Rask didn’t exactly make it easy on the censors:
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)