Jun 17, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
It turns out the biggest change for the Chicago Blackhawks won’t be Viktor Stalberg‘s return to the lineup for Brandon Bollig in Game 3. The Blackhawks confirm that Marian Hossa will be out of action on Monday, making way for Ben Smith.
No word yet on what, exactly, is bothering the 34-year-old. Still, if it’s something that’s keeping him out of a contest in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, it must be a big deal.
(Rumor has it that “something” happened to Hossa during the pre-game.)
Smith, 24, played in one regular season game (April 27) this season, scoring a goal. (That was the contest where the Blackhawks paraded out a bunch of youngsters against the St. Louis Blues.)
In other news, Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara collided in the pre-game skate on the Boston Bruins side. We’ll see if either of those big bodies are affected by that mishap. Chara left the ice, but seems primed to play nonetheless.
Here’s video of the collision:
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 29
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)