Jun 17, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
It turns out the biggest change for the Chicago Blackhawks won’t be Viktor Stalberg‘s return to the lineup for Brandon Bollig in Game 3. The Blackhawks confirm that Marian Hossa will be out of action on Monday, making way for Ben Smith.
No word yet on what, exactly, is bothering the 34-year-old. Still, if it’s something that’s keeping him out of a contest in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, it must be a big deal.
(Rumor has it that “something” happened to Hossa during the pre-game.)
Smith, 24, played in one regular season game (April 27) this season, scoring a goal. (That was the contest where the Blackhawks paraded out a bunch of youngsters against the St. Louis Blues.)
In other news, Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara collided in the pre-game skate on the Boston Bruins side. We’ll see if either of those big bodies are affected by that mishap. Chara left the ice, but seems primed to play nonetheless.
Here’s video of the collision:
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)