Jun 17, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
It turns out the biggest change for the Chicago Blackhawks won’t be Viktor Stalberg‘s return to the lineup for Brandon Bollig in Game 3. The Blackhawks confirm that Marian Hossa will be out of action on Monday, making way for Ben Smith.
No word yet on what, exactly, is bothering the 34-year-old. Still, if it’s something that’s keeping him out of a contest in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, it must be a big deal.
(Rumor has it that “something” happened to Hossa during the pre-game.)
Smith, 24, played in one regular season game (April 27) this season, scoring a goal. (That was the contest where the Blackhawks paraded out a bunch of youngsters against the St. Louis Blues.)
In other news, Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara collided in the pre-game skate on the Boston Bruins side. We’ll see if either of those big bodies are affected by that mishap. Chara left the ice, but seems primed to play nonetheless.
Here’s video of the collision:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 4
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50