Jun 17, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
This just in from the fine folks at NBC Sports PR:
Saturday night’s Stanley Cup Final Game 2 averaged 3.964 million viewers on NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), making it the most-watched NHL game in the network’s history (since 2006), the most-watched Game 2 on cable in 16 years, and the most-watched Stanley Cup Final game on cable in 11 years, according to Fast National data provided by The Nielsen Company.
The game (8:30-11:34 p.m. ET), in which the Boston Bruins defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 in overtime, delivered a 2.0 household rating and 3.964 million viewers, surpassing Game 3 of the 2010 Stanley Cup Final between Philadelphia and Chicago (3.6 million) on NBCSN.
Tonight’s Game 3 is also on NBC Sports Network, with the rest of the series on NBC.
Related: A lot of people watched Game 1 on TV
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 1
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 67
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 33
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 58
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7