Jun 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Maybe that explains why GM Paul Holmgren seems a little tentative about the situation in the statement the team released on Monday.
“We continue to have talks with Mark’s agent. Although there is nothing to report, we remain confident that we will get something done.”
Again, it’s likely that Holmgren is going through the motions. Some are crossing their fingers that this deal will be cemented* while a few Flyers fans here and there might hope that it doesn’t work out.
It probably will, though.
* – Go ahead, make a joke about Kris Letang‘s agent being one of those people.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)