Jun 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Maybe that explains why GM Paul Holmgren seems a little tentative about the situation in the statement the team released on Monday.
“We continue to have talks with Mark’s agent. Although there is nothing to report, we remain confident that we will get something done.”
Again, it’s likely that Holmgren is going through the motions. Some are crossing their fingers that this deal will be cemented* while a few Flyers fans here and there might hope that it doesn’t work out.
It probably will, though.
* – Go ahead, make a joke about Kris Letang‘s agent being one of those people.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)