Jun 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Maybe that explains why GM Paul Holmgren seems a little tentative about the situation in the statement the team released on Monday.
“We continue to have talks with Mark’s agent. Although there is nothing to report, we remain confident that we will get something done.”
Again, it’s likely that Holmgren is going through the motions. Some are crossing their fingers that this deal will be cemented* while a few Flyers fans here and there might hope that it doesn’t work out.
It probably will, though.
* – Go ahead, make a joke about Kris Letang‘s agent being one of those people.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)