Jun 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Maybe that explains why GM Paul Holmgren seems a little tentative about the situation in the statement the team released on Monday.
“We continue to have talks with Mark’s agent. Although there is nothing to report, we remain confident that we will get something done.”
Again, it’s likely that Holmgren is going through the motions. Some are crossing their fingers that this deal will be cemented* while a few Flyers fans here and there might hope that it doesn’t work out.
It probably will, though.
* – Go ahead, make a joke about Kris Letang‘s agent being one of those people.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 1
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)