Jun 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EST
Maybe that explains why GM Paul Holmgren seems a little tentative about the situation in the statement the team released on Monday.
“We continue to have talks with Mark’s agent. Although there is nothing to report, we remain confident that we will get something done.”
Again, it’s likely that Holmgren is going through the motions. Some are crossing their fingers that this deal will be cemented* while a few Flyers fans here and there might hope that it doesn’t work out.
It probably will, though.
* – Go ahead, make a joke about Kris Letang‘s agent being one of those people.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)