Jun 17, 2013, 10:50 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks lamented that they played into the Boston Bruins’ hands in Game 2. If that’s true, then they were stuck in a straight-up bear hug in Game 3.
Boston won 2-0, totally befuddling Chicago in all areas of the game. The B’s now have a 2-1 series lead and could really take a stranglehold on the series if they win on Wednesday. Let’s chat it up.
- No doubt about it, people are going to be talking about the Blackhawks’ putrid power play. But what about the credit for the Bruins’ penalty kill? This unit shut down the Pittsburgh Penguins’ potent man advantage in their third-round series and are doing the same in the Stanley Cup Final. Heck, they were outstanding way back in 2011 against a dangerous Vancouver Canucks group, too.
- Blackhawks fans: what was the most frustrating moment of futility on those power plays? Duncan Keith passing up a wide-open shot might make a few lists, but there were likely other notable moments.
- Let’s go back to a theme of Discuss posts: how much is Tuukka Rask worth now? He’ll be a restricted free agent, but this is the kind of run that could add a million or two (or 10) to a contract, overall.
- How much did the Blackhawks miss Marian Hossa? Did Joel Quenneville put together the right kind of lines to cope with that late crisis? What should he do if Hossa misses more time?
- The brightest spot for Chicago might be Corey Crawford. Do you expect him to be this strong in the future?
- Asking again: what’s the best nickname for the Tyler Seguin – Chris Kelly – Daniel Paille line? (People don’t seem impressed by SKiP.)
- A hearty congratulations to Jaromir Jagr, who pulled ahead of Paul Coffey for fifth all-time in playoff scoring on Monday, giving him 197 in his outstanding career.
- Do you expect to see a “different” Blackhawks team in Game 4 or could the Bruins take a 3-1 series lead?
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2