Jun 17, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks lamented that they played into the Boston Bruins’ hands in Game 2. If that’s true, then they were stuck in a straight-up bear hug in Game 3.
Boston won 2-0, totally befuddling Chicago in all areas of the game. The B’s now have a 2-1 series lead and could really take a stranglehold on the series if they win on Wednesday. Let’s chat it up.
- No doubt about it, people are going to be talking about the Blackhawks’ putrid power play. But what about the credit for the Bruins’ penalty kill? This unit shut down the Pittsburgh Penguins’ potent man advantage in their third-round series and are doing the same in the Stanley Cup Final. Heck, they were outstanding way back in 2011 against a dangerous Vancouver Canucks group, too.
- Blackhawks fans: what was the most frustrating moment of futility on those power plays? Duncan Keith passing up a wide-open shot might make a few lists, but there were likely other notable moments.
- Let’s go back to a theme of Discuss posts: how much is Tuukka Rask worth now? He’ll be a restricted free agent, but this is the kind of run that could add a million or two (or 10) to a contract, overall.
- How much did the Blackhawks miss Marian Hossa? Did Joel Quenneville put together the right kind of lines to cope with that late crisis? What should he do if Hossa misses more time?
- The brightest spot for Chicago might be Corey Crawford. Do you expect him to be this strong in the future?
- Asking again: what’s the best nickname for the Tyler Seguin – Chris Kelly – Daniel Paille line? (People don’t seem impressed by SKiP.)
- A hearty congratulations to Jaromir Jagr, who pulled ahead of Paul Coffey for fifth all-time in playoff scoring on Monday, giving him 197 in his outstanding career.
- Do you expect to see a “different” Blackhawks team in Game 4 or could the Bruins take a 3-1 series lead?
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)