Jun 17, 2013, 1:34 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have signed Swedish goaltender Joacim Eriksson, the club announced today.
Originally drafted 196th overall in 2008 by the Flyers, the 23-year-old went 21-9-0 with a 1.67 GAA and .931 save percentage while playing for Skelleftea of Sweden’s Elitserien in 2012-13.
Eriksson then recorded a 1.06 GAA and .952 save percentage in helping Skelleftea win the Elitserien Championship.
Canucks blog Pass It To Bulis has more on the Eriksson signing.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22