Jun 17, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
The unit that won Game 2 for the Bruins will be back for Game 3.
Tyler Seguin, Chris Kelly and Daniel Paille are going to be on a line again as Boston looks to take a 2-1 lead in the Stanley Cup Final tonight at TD Garden, according to head coach Claude Julien (as per CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty).
The trio, thrown together in the midst of Saturday’s game, combined for four points and both goals in a 2-1 overtime win.
Paille set up Kelly for the equalizer midway through the second period, and Seguin fired a beautiful cross-ice pass to Paille for the game-winner.
“I put those three guys together, and they answered,” Julien said following the game. “That line came up huge for us tonight.”
If the unit can continue to produce, it could create a major shift in the series.
Kelly came into Game 2 without a single point this postseason — scoreless in 17 games, with a minus-9 rating — and Seguin, Boston’s leading scorer from a year ago, had just one goal and five points.
What’s more, the new-look line has given Kelly and Seguin a place to play.
Kelly was shifted to center the “Merlot Line” after Gregory Campbell was lost for the playoffs with a broken leg, but it wasn’t working out.
Here are Boston’s expected lines for tonight, as per Haggerty:
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)