Jun 17, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
The unit that won Game 2 for the Bruins will be back for Game 3.
Tyler Seguin, Chris Kelly and Daniel Paille are going to be on a line again as Boston looks to take a 2-1 lead in the Stanley Cup Final tonight at TD Garden, according to head coach Claude Julien (as per CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty).
The trio, thrown together in the midst of Saturday’s game, combined for four points and both goals in a 2-1 overtime win.
Paille set up Kelly for the equalizer midway through the second period, and Seguin fired a beautiful cross-ice pass to Paille for the game-winner.
“I put those three guys together, and they answered,” Julien said following the game. “That line came up huge for us tonight.”
If the unit can continue to produce, it could create a major shift in the series.
Kelly came into Game 2 without a single point this postseason — scoreless in 17 games, with a minus-9 rating — and Seguin, Boston’s leading scorer from a year ago, had just one goal and five points.
What’s more, the new-look line has given Kelly and Seguin a place to play.
Kelly was shifted to center the “Merlot Line” after Gregory Campbell was lost for the playoffs with a broken leg, but it wasn’t working out.
Here are Boston’s expected lines for tonight, as per Haggerty:
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 34
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)