Jun 17, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
The unit that won Game 2 for the Bruins will be back for Game 3.
Tyler Seguin, Chris Kelly and Daniel Paille are going to be on a line again as Boston looks to take a 2-1 lead in the Stanley Cup Final tonight at TD Garden, according to head coach Claude Julien (as per CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty).
The trio, thrown together in the midst of Saturday’s game, combined for four points and both goals in a 2-1 overtime win.
Paille set up Kelly for the equalizer midway through the second period, and Seguin fired a beautiful cross-ice pass to Paille for the game-winner.
“I put those three guys together, and they answered,” Julien said following the game. “That line came up huge for us tonight.”
If the unit can continue to produce, it could create a major shift in the series.
Kelly came into Game 2 without a single point this postseason — scoreless in 17 games, with a minus-9 rating — and Seguin, Boston’s leading scorer from a year ago, had just one goal and five points.
What’s more, the new-look line has given Kelly and Seguin a place to play.
Kelly was shifted to center the “Merlot Line” after Gregory Campbell was lost for the playoffs with a broken leg, but it wasn’t working out.
Here are Boston’s expected lines for tonight, as per Haggerty:
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)