Jun 17, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
The unit that won Game 2 for the Bruins will be back for Game 3.
Tyler Seguin, Chris Kelly and Daniel Paille are going to be on a line again as Boston looks to take a 2-1 lead in the Stanley Cup Final tonight at TD Garden, according to head coach Claude Julien (as per CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty).
The trio, thrown together in the midst of Saturday’s game, combined for four points and both goals in a 2-1 overtime win.
Paille set up Kelly for the equalizer midway through the second period, and Seguin fired a beautiful cross-ice pass to Paille for the game-winner.
“I put those three guys together, and they answered,” Julien said following the game. “That line came up huge for us tonight.”
If the unit can continue to produce, it could create a major shift in the series.
Kelly came into Game 2 without a single point this postseason — scoreless in 17 games, with a minus-9 rating — and Seguin, Boston’s leading scorer from a year ago, had just one goal and five points.
What’s more, the new-look line has given Kelly and Seguin a place to play.
Kelly was shifted to center the “Merlot Line” after Gregory Campbell was lost for the playoffs with a broken leg, but it wasn’t working out.
Here are Boston’s expected lines for tonight, as per Haggerty:
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)